[SOLVED] PCIe 4.0 NVME Brands

Jan 8, 2021
So I am trying to choose between Gen4 NVME SSDs

I know that the WD SN850 and the Samsung 980 PRO are the two kings at least from what I have seen.

What are some opinions on Sabrent?? Right now their Gen4 1tb is on sale for $169 which is a darn good deal. but I have not heard much about them.

Solution
So it will be going on an x570 MSI Tomahawk there are two slots and I wanted one for a gaming drive and one for the boot drive and for standard applications. I will have other drives attached for other storage. If I ever get it this will be running the 5900x CPU

I was thinking of either doing two Gen4 a 500gb and a 1tb

A 500gb Gen3 for the boot drive and a 1tb Gen4 Drive for the game storage

Two Gen3 Drives as currently the SN750 1tb is on sale for $129 and I could snag two of those
For that stated use, you will see basically zero difference between 4.0 and 3.0.
Even a SATA III SSD is only a teeny bit "slower".

Yes, get an NVMe drive. But be aware of the actual minimal differences.
View...

USAFRet

Titan
  1. PCIe 4.0 drives are still new. There are only a few brands, and still expensive.
  2. What motherboard is this going on?
  3. For most uses, the actual difference between 3.0 and 4.0 is much much less than what you think. And much less than the uber Sequential number that everyone sees.
  4. Yes, Sabrent is a good manufacturer.

Jan 8, 2021
So it will be going on an x570 MSI Tomahawk there are two slots and I wanted one for a gaming drive and one for the boot drive and for standard applications. I will have other drives attached for other storage. If I ever get it this will be running the 5900x CPU

Two Gen3 Drives as currently the SN750 1tb is on sale for $129 and I could snag two of those

USAFRet

Titan

For that stated use, you will see basically zero difference between 4.0 and 3.0.
Even a SATA III SSD is only a teeny bit "slower".

Yes, get an NVMe drive. But be aware of the actual minimal differences.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YoRKQy-UO4

Solution