[SOLVED] PCIe 6+2 cable won’t fit in PSU.

Aug 1, 2020
I have a cougar GX-F 550 PSU and it came with PCIe cables and they fit into the graphics card but they don’t fit in the PSU. 6 pins will fit but all eight pins won’t fit because there is a piece of the cable that prevents it from all pins plugging in. I don’t know if that’s normal

Solution
If I'm understanding this correctly, one side of the cable has an 8-pin connector. The other end has a 6-pin connector with 2 extra pins dangling on the side. The 8-pin side is the connector that goes to the power supply. If that end of the cable does not connect to one of the 8-pin ports on the power supply, labeled 6+2 PCI-E & 4+4 CPU, then it's likely not the correct cable.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
If I'm understanding this correctly, one side of the cable has an 8-pin connector. The other end has a 6-pin connector with 2 extra pins dangling on the side. The 8-pin side is the connector that goes to the power supply. If that end of the cable does not connect to one of the 8-pin ports on the power supply, labeled 6+2 PCI-E & 4+4 CPU, then it's likely not the correct cable.

-Wolf sends

Solution