PCIe WiFi adapter

Solution
Yeah. MoCA stands for Media over COAX which is what your cable TV provider as well as most roof top antennae uses. Like I said, those are options, but with a much higher up front cost. I'd probably start with WiFi and see how that works for you before jumping into alternatives.

-Wolf sends

tylerd308

Prominent
Jun 28, 2017

I will have my modem in one room across the hall from my room. so id have to run a cable through the walls just to have a direct connection unless i figure out something about this coax cable that is coming out of the wall in my room. and of course the modem is from xfinity so it is hooked up to our cable boxes for the TVs, so i am worried that if i unplug the modem in the room that it is in rright now, i will screw up our TV connection.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Given your situation, it appears that WiFi is the easiest option. There are other options available like MoCA and Poewrline networks, but they tend to have a higher up front cost with no guarantees of better performance than WiFi.

Obviously, if it's your home, your best option is to run Ethernet through the walls, but if that's not an option, again, the easiest (if not best) option is WiFi.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Yeah. MoCA stands for Media over COAX which is what your cable TV provider as well as most roof top antennae uses. Like I said, those are options, but with a much higher up front cost. I'd probably start with WiFi and see how that works for you before jumping into alternatives.

-Wolf sends

Solution