Question PCIEe LAN Adapter problems since installing M.2 NVMe SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2020
Hi All. I've recently upgraded my PC with a Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVME . However, now everytime I'm performing an "intensive" task (mainly online gaming), my connection drops or ping spikes to 2000+. I've tried to populate the network adapter in every PCIE lane - from PCIEX 1_1 to 1_3, and majors PCIEX 8 & 4. Anywhere I put, when I start playing an online game, I get crazy ping spikes. I can download as normal, and a ping stabilty test, only shows spikes when I'm playing games (any online game). Thank you in advance!

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro (Non-WIFI)
I7 9700k
16 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB
EVGA 1070ti (PCIEX 16)
Samsung 970 EVO Plus (M2A)
D-Link DWA-582 ac 1200 (currently at PCIEX 4)
Samgung 860 Evo 500gb ssd (SATA0)
Gigabyte GP-GSTFS31480GNTD ssd (SATA3)
WDC 1tb hdd (SATA4)

750W Akasa psu.

Jun 20, 2020
Seems like your problem only when you do gaming. Have you try use Onboard LAN ? and sorry about your PSU, but I haven't heard about that brand. Sounds like a cheap budget PSU ?

Yes. I've only noticed the problem when I'm gaming. It's never been a problem until I installed the M.2. I haven't tried cabled connection since it wouldn't be feasible in my situation, but I get 100% signal strength on 5Ghz and connection speed of ~800MBp/s.

I'm no wiz, but I've read some articles where some people had problems with an M.2 drive due to Bus Lanes sharing Bandwidth between PCIEx1_1 with the M2A. The solution was to move the LAN card to PCIEx4. In my case, it hasn't worked. Still loosing connectivity when I play any type of game. Not only it spikes in lag, but it also briefly disconnects my LAN card.

The PSU is indeed budgety. Bought in 2013, but it's always been solid and never let me down. There were great reviews on it. AKASA Venom Power

Yes. I've only noticed the problem when I'm gaming. It's never been a problem until I installed the M.2. I haven't tried cabled connection since it wouldn't be feasible in my situation, but I get 100% signal strength on 5Ghz and connection speed of ~800MBp/s.

I'm no wiz, but I've read some articles where some people had problems with an M.2 drive due to Bus Lanes sharing Bandwidth between PCIEx1_1 with the M2A. The solution was to move the LAN card to PCIEx4. In my case, it hasn't worked. Still loosing connectivity when I play any type of game. Not only it spikes in lag, but it also briefly disconnects my LAN card.

The PSU is indeed budgety. Bought in 2013, but it's always been solid and never let me down. There were great reviews on it. AKASA Venom Power
Okay then it's not PSU fault. Maybe you should do what @Flayed says, I've checked the website for your motherboard and I find the BIOS update to Fix compability , CPU and power behaviour.

Jun 20, 2020
Hi again guys. I've just updated my BIOS, and although UFEI looks much better. The problem remains. I've tried swapping the lanes again. Also, I tried reseting all network interfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.