Question PC's internet connection dies when loading up a game

kadookie

Prominent
Feb 17, 2023
My PCs wireless connection completely ***** [Moderator edit to remove profanity. Remember that this is a family friendly forum.,] when loading up an online game. Basically, I can be in discord, listening to music, anything that involves an internet connection. But whenever I load an online game, my ping goes to 5000 in discord, steam says no connection, my wifi connection says "Connected, No Internet". Everything internet related dies. When I close the game, it reverts to normal. However, if I use an ethernet cable, everything works as it should. What should I do here? My internet card is the integrated one in the Z590 Pro Wifi.

Last edited by a moderator:
My PCs wireless connection completely [Profanity removed.] when loading up an online game. Basically, I can be in discord, listening to music, anything that involves an internet connection. But whenever I load an online game, my ping goes to 5000 in discord, steam says no connection, my wifi connection says "Connected, No Internet". Everything internet related dies. When I close the game, it reverts to normal. However, if I use an ethernet cable, everything works as it should. What should I do here? My internet card is the integrated one in the Z590 Pro Wifi.

Most likely a dead WiFi card or failing it's a royal pain to replace

Most can be done by doing the following

View: https://youtu.be/V4DUIlJYBRc?feature=shared

You want to uninstall the drivers while disconnecting from the internet first

Last edited by a moderator:

kadookie

Prominent
Feb 17, 2023
Most likely a dead WiFi card or failing it's a royal pain to replace

Most can be done by doing the following

View: https://youtu.be/V4DUIlJYBRc?feature=shared

You want to uninstall the drivers while disconnecting from the internet first
Thank you. I will try this replacement. Just curious though, what's the reasoning behind as to why the PCs internet connection stops working only after I load up a game, and goes back to normal when I close said game?

JohnMGotts

Reputable
Dec 7, 2020

TRENDING THREADS