Peculiar File Transfer Problems

I have a Linksys wireless network, with all Linksys products used
throughout. The problem is that when I try to copy a file from one computer
to another, I will randomly (about 10% of the time) get an error message
saying that the file cannot be copied because access is denied. This has
happened to XP to XP computers and Me to XP computers. I have simple file
sharing turned on and the parent folder marked as public. Any help
appreciated!

--
Blaine Hamrick, AL7HH
Irving, Texas

mercury

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001

If the file is large and this occurs part way then it sounds like the
network link may be failing druing the copy. Check the power setings on all
related equipment - that noNIC is configured to turn off to save power for a
start.

Try the ping -t <ip address> command in the background to test the link
while the copy is running.