Pendrive keeps on asking to format again and again.

Dec 1, 2014
I have a HP v250w 64GB pendrive, I accidentally ejected the pendrive yesterday without clicking on eject/safely remove hardware. When I inserted it again, it told me that the drive needs to be formatted in order to use it. I formatted it. After formatting, the size was 62.4 GB in total whereas it was 62.5 GB before. I copied Grand Theft Auto San Andreas into it which was of 4.66 GB in size. The pendrive seemed to work fine when I ejected it and connected it again. Later, I copied Grand Theft Auto IV's setup which was of 18 GB. It was successfully copied. This time I clicked on eject but the drive still appeared to be active in my computer even after clicking on eject. So I ejected it directly. When I connected the pendrive again, it told me that it needs to be formatted. What should I do? It doesn't seem that it's corrupted though.

Solution
The "Eject safely" feature is not required these days. It used to be an issue when users pulled out their flash drives before Windows completed deleting temp files. That's why Windows just worked around that problem.

Regarding your flash drive; try it on a different computer.

There are some universal problems related to all flash drives. Flash drives use low quality flash RAM and this can fail at any time without warning. Another problem is that flash drives are one of the most often faked products in the market. The fakes are hard to distinguish from the genuine ones. The higher capacity ones are at the greatest risk because fakes can be sold for higher prices. Purchasing from reputable suppliers will help.
The "Eject safely" feature is not required these days. It used to be an issue when users pulled out their flash drives before Windows completed deleting temp files. That's why Windows just worked around that problem.

Regarding your flash drive; try it on a different computer.

There are some universal problems related to all flash drives. Flash drives use low quality flash RAM and this can fail at any time without warning. Another problem is that flash drives are one of the most often faked products in the market. The fakes are hard to distinguish from the genuine ones. The higher capacity ones are at the greatest risk because fakes can be sold for higher prices. Purchasing from reputable suppliers will help.

Solution