Pentium G3258 Overclocking settings not saving..

RusticMC

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016
Hey what's up guys so I finally decided to overclock my pc right? So I went ahead on my BIOS and tweak my settings a little bit.. I made it that my cpu went to 4.0 MHz right? Everything fine startup was fast, and I was happy, then came the part to stress the pc to see if it was stable. I stressed my pc for 15 mins and no crashes at all.. So that means that my clock speed is stable. So I go ahead and restart my computer and guess what happen... My overclock settings got reset to the ones I started... which is 3.2Mhz.. Please I need some help.

My Build:

Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core (4.2GHz Boost)
Cooler Master Hyper
ASRock H97M Anniversary
Corsair Vengeance 8GB
Hitachi Deskstar 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
120GB SSD
EVGA GeForce GT 750 ti sc Video Card
Cooler Master Elite 430 Case

My overclock settings:

http://prntscr.com/ah8j46

Then after every restart.. my settings go back to default.

Solution
Do you have Non-Z OC enabled? (page 51)
Latest BIOS for the board?
Try this. Reset everything in BIOS back to default settings. Save and Reboot back into to BIOS. Then make a single change to the multiplier; one click. Save, exit BIOS, and return to the desktop. See if the OC setting remains. If so, try rebooting and check if the OC setting has vanished again.

RusticMC

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016

Anyone? Please I really need to fix this.. .Is getting annoying

RusticMC

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016

Are you saving your settings before you exit BIOS? Yes, F10
Are you making the changes manually, or using built-in firmware to OC? I use the built-in, tried manually didnt work
Are any other BIOS settings getting lost that would indicate a weak battery?
Nope.....

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Do you have Non-Z OC enabled? (page 51)
Latest BIOS for the board?
Try this. Reset everything in BIOS back to default settings. Save and Reboot back into to BIOS. Then make a single change to the multiplier; one click. Save, exit BIOS, and return to the desktop. See if the OC setting remains. If so, try rebooting and check if the OC setting has vanished again.

Solution