Question Performance is not what it should be

destinfun

Commendable
Dec 11, 2017
For example I'll play Minecraft and it only uses 8% of my cpu and 20% of my gpu while only about 60% of my ram is being used up. This happens with gta, no mans sky, and every other game. Ill only be getting about 60 fps a lot of times when I feel as I should be maxing out at 144.
Ryzen 2700
gtx 1070ti
2x8gb ram 3000mhz
Nothing is overheating and I'm not sure what the issue is.
So my question is how do I get my computer to use more of my gpu and cpu.

Last edited:
At what resolution/refresh rate are you playing? What monitor are you using?
Consider upgrading your screen to high refresh monitor.

If you're getting ~60fps, this probably means vsync is limiting fps. You could set vsync to off, but this will introduce tearing artifacts.

destinfun

Commendable
Dec 11, 2017
At what resolution/refresh rate are you playing? What monitor are you using?
Consider upgrading your screen to high refresh monitor.

If you're getting ~60fps, this probably means vsync is limiting fps. You could set vsync to off, but this will introduce tearing artifacts.
I have v sync off. My monitor is 144hz acer at 1080p and I can run overwatch with not problems at 144 but that's a super easy game to run. But like right now on Minecraft I'm getting 40fps when i should be getting way more.

D

Deleted member 14196

Why is it that you think Minecraft should yield higher frames per second. It’s a horrible game with a horrible horrible engine

destinfun

Commendable
Dec 11, 2017
Why is it that you think Minecraft should yield higher frames per second. It’s a horrible game with a horrible horrible engine
Cause its an extremely easy to run game. But the same thing goes for No Mans Sky, GTA, any game really. It's not just Minecraft, just one of my examples.

D

Deleted member 14196

I’m going to guess you’ve got some driver miss matching in there perhaps some drivers got updated and the new ones are not as efficient or buggy so you have some investigating to do

D

Deleted member 14196

Check Windows update and view all of the updates and make sure no driver updates of happened behind your back. You can use the DDU utility to remove all your graphics drivers and reinstall the ones you think should be installed. Also if you have replaced any of the drivers yourself you could try going in rolling those back one by one rebooting and trying again

destinfun

Commendable
Dec 11, 2017
Check Windows update and view all of the updates and make sure no driver updates of happened behind your back. You can use the DDU utility to remove all your graphics drivers and reinstall the ones you think should be installed. Also if you have replaced any of the drivers yourself you could try going in rolling those back one by one rebooting and trying again
Okay so I've used that tool and uninstalled my drivers and reinstalled them but to no avail. Are there any other ideas?

D

Deleted member 14196

Unless you have a system restore point I would back up all of my data and create a new windows 10 installation USB format and wipe the drive clean and do a clean install

destinfun

Commendable
Dec 11, 2017
Unless you have a system restore point I would back up all of my data and create a new windows 10 installation USB format and wipe the drive clean and do a clean install
Update, getting the clean install of windows did not work. I am still having performance issues and I don't know why. The fps seems to of actually gotten worse. Please help.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14196

maybe you need an older video driver, not the very latest.

when you say clean install, you formatted the ssd or hdd with windows on it before the install, right?