[SOLVED] Performance issues after overclocking.

youngster2016

Reputable
Apr 24, 2016
So I tried overclocking my i7 7700k to 4.6ghz @1.27v. After about an hour of stress testing there were no errors so I figured I had a stable overclock, but game performance said otherwise. I dialed it back to the default 4.2ghz @1.3v which I think is insanely high voltage for a stock 7700k. But now I am still getting insane FPS drops in all my games. I'm not sure if I damaged my cpu or not, but I don't know how I can tell whether or not that's the case. Some people say they can get away with a 4.6ghz overclock under 1.2v. So should I try lowering the voltage?

Specs:
Gigabyte Z170-XP SLI Mobo
Intel i7-7700k @4.2ghz (currently)
32Gb DDR4
Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition
1000w EVGA PSU
Corsair H150i Pro RGB AiO

Solution
With overclocking you should always be prepared for performance drops and so on, if you revert everything back to stock in program you used to do that it should be fine and if not try unninstall program once you done that.
Overclocking is kinda odd in way that what may work for others might not work at all.

Ordan

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
With overclocking you should always be prepared for performance drops and so on, if you revert everything back to stock in program you used to do that it should be fine and if not try unninstall program once you done that.
Overclocking is kinda odd in way that what may work for others might not work at all.

Solution