Question Performance issues Doom Eternal

Aug 25, 2024
Hello I'm new to the forum... I'm having some performance issues with Doom Eternal, it seems very intermittent, when I downloaded the game It was running very bad, like 100 - 40 FPS with a lot of stutters, so I just restarted the PC and the game started running perfectly, like 200+ no stutters, but in the next day the game just returned to being unplayable and I just can't make it run better anymore, I tried to reinstall the game in different drives, clean installed the GPU drivers, updated BIOS in case of some issue, remove programs in background, turned high performance mode on both NVCP and Windows, turned off overlays, messed with v-sync, FPS limits, game configs, deleted cache and a lot other settings but none of those solved my issue. I also checked all my temps and CPU was on 60s and 70s and my GPU at 83 (it's very common to achieve that temperature, I tested in other games and no throttle), I have no OC and the game is running on the SSD, I really don't know what to do anymore, If someone knows any fix pls help me I just want to finish the campaign.

Here are my specs:

System: Windows 10 (64 bit)
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F
Memory: Kingston Hyper-X Fury 2x8GB (16GB) Dual Channel
PSU: Corsair CX550
Disk Drives: SSD Kingston 480GB (System and the game), Seagate 7200RPM 1TB HDD.
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060
Monitor: LG27GL650FB - G-Sync Compatible

All the hardware was bought new 4 years ago

A video I recorded of the performance in-game:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mLHrUe1IyymYKZIYeN4x7YzGaCtjXu9h/view?usp=sharing

You can notice that right on the menu loading the GPU latency spikes UP, and that only happens when the game is going to run very bad, when the issue goes away it doesn't do that.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2024
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, used, refurbished)?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Source for Doom Eternal?
Here are the additional spec I forgot to include:

PSU: Corsair CX550 (I got it new 4 years ago at the same time as all the other hardware, its very conserved)

Disk Drive: SSD Kingston 480GB (Same as the PSU I got 4 years ago and it's 83% health on Crystal Disk, it has 60GB free space, also its the same drive where the system is);
And a Seagate 1TB HDD that I use for other games.

The game was bought on Steam, the standard edition.