Question Performance issues for video editing pc

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdominicjackson

Distinguished
May 21, 2014
Very strange this pc I made slows down massively when under any strain at all. I tried various software with same result. When editing video specially applying effects in adobe premiere and davinci resolve, transferring files while streaming netflix, playing pc games, it slows down massively the frame rate of everything on screen is very bad.

It is a i5 3rd gen
16gb ram Hyper x
Gigabyte b75m-d3h
tried with gtx650 and gtx 1050ti (as it was meant to work with adobe premier for video editing so I want the cuda core accelerations)

I thought it might be the gpu so I tried two different ones.
I re installed windows with a fresh installation.
I wiped both drives to remove remnants of earlier installations of windows.
I updated motherboard firmware.

It is rather odd as it all works fine but then if I put under any load at all everything slows down and it is glitchy. I have had some random crashes where it powers off but they are not very common.

I am kinda at a loss as I tried almost everything apart from replacing the motherboard.

Could it be a bad sata cable? I doubt it but asking ...

Maybe one of the hard drives is faulty?

Once thing that is strange in the recourse monitor nothing is maxing out.

Could it be the ram configuration?

I believe they are matched, I tried in same channel and in dual channel modes...

jdominicjackson

Distinguished
May 21, 2014
If you already discovered the issue was CPU throttling, then fix your CPU cooler before asking any more questions. The other stuff you are asking about are minor details that will have little to no impact on the PC's performance, wheras fixing your busted-ass CPU cooler will make it run many times faster. There is little point tinkering around the edges while you have a huge issue with CPU cooling.
I dont understand what you are talking about
I rectified the issue there are no other issues its working perfectly too edit video now

jdominicjackson

Distinguished
May 21, 2014
If you already discovered the issue was CPU throttling, then fix your CPU cooler before asking any more questions. The other stuff you are asking about are minor details that will have little to no impact on the PC's performance, wheras fixing your busted-ass CPU cooler will make it run many times faster. There is little point tinkering around the edges while you have a huge issue with CPU cooling.

dunno what you are babbling about I fixed the issue and asked no more questions
I didnt get much good advvice only about how to attach the cpu fan better

Status
Not open for further replies.