[SOLVED] Performance Problem after switching to 144hz Monitor

skuee

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2013
Hello everybody

I've been using my system without any problems untill I upgraded my 24" 60hz 1080p monitor with an AOC 24G2U 144hz freesync one. I use dual monitors and my second one is a 22" Samsung syncmaster 60hz on 1680x1050 resolution. Now the main issue is when I'm playing World of Warcraft, I'm getting very low fps and harsh performance issues. I had no problems with my previous monitor and still if I switch to it, I dont get any problems but when I'm trying to use my new 144hz monitör, the problem continues. Also when I'm watching netflix, when I move my mouse cursor between monitor 1 and 2, the movies drops to like 5-10fps and if I keep moving my cursor between my monitors, it continues to happen. Any ideas what might be the problem ?

CPU: i5 8600k @4500mhz
MOTHERBOARD: Asus TUF Z370-Plus Gaming
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz
GRAPHICS: Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2060
MONITOR: AOC 24G2U connacted via Display Port

What I have tried so far ;

Nvidia Inspector
Power Management Mode : Prefer Maximum Performance
Multi-Display/mixed-GPU acceleration : Single Display performance Mode

Nvidia Control Panel
Perform Scaling on : GPU
No Scaling is active
Override the scaling mode set by games and programs active
Physx Settings is set to Geforce RTX 2060

Unplugged the 2nd monitor and used only AOC, still performance issues

I was looking forward to using my new monitör but it turned into a nightmare and I'm really depressed after so many days trying to fix it. I would really appreciate the help.

Solution
First of all Freesync and two monitors can be the source of the problem. But you wrote you have problems also with single monitor configuration. So in order to isolate the problem we should continue with single monitor configuration.

Is it just World of Warcraft. Or do you have problems with other games?

Are you sure you are playing the games with 1920x1080 resolution. Geforce sometimes somehow select the higher resolution, you should stick on 1920x1080.

skuee

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2013
ce1d28a59a.png

falcon291

Honorable
Jul 17, 2019
First of all Freesync and two monitors can be the source of the problem. But you wrote you have problems also with single monitor configuration. So in order to isolate the problem we should continue with single monitor configuration.

Is it just World of Warcraft. Or do you have problems with other games?

Are you sure you are playing the games with 1920x1080 resolution. Geforce sometimes somehow select the higher resolution, you should stick on 1920x1080.

Solution