Question performance problem enshrouded

Apr 27, 2023
hello, i have bad performance in this game "enshrouded" but only in the menu and cinematic. When i play, its fine

also bad performance in game Hogwarts legacy. (drops at 30fps at certain places)

its weird because i have good fps like 200 but still lags

components :

CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 5800x 8-core 3800MHZ
GPU : RTX 3080 gigabyte 10Go
ram : 32GO
PSU : 1000W
Disk : 2To M.2 (310go free)

Thank you for your help :)

Lutfij

Titan
If the game runs fine outside of the menu, you're fine. The same issue was seen with Amazon's New World, where even the highest end GPU's were fizzling out at the game menu. It was a bug in the game's code, that also brought out some manufacturing issues with GPU's.

I'd still make sure you're on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard, the latest update for the OS, then on the latest GPU driver for your GPU. Use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia), then manually reinstall with the latest drivers sourced from Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

itsduhhbzz

Commendable
Sep 21, 2021
Hello!

There could be a few things happening here. Given it's not a hardware issue let's go over some inital things to consider first:

• Check Drivers, or other updates (especially GPU updates)
  • Check for Windows Updates
  • Also the obvious choice, I'm sure you've tried but if not, restart your system.
After those are checked and good, take a look at task manager and look at your usage:

1. How are the percentages under the Performance tab looking? CPU, Memory, Disk, GPU, etc ?
  2. Do you have a lot of programs running in the background? Sure you have a lot of memory and a decent enough CPU/GPU so theoretically they should be fine.
  3. How are the temperatures looking? high temps can lead to issues as well
When you mean lag, are you referring to game performance, or that maybe in game you hop around and rubber band a lot? Because if you seem to be rubber banding that would indicate a network issue with latency.

I hope these suggestions help you on your quest. If you have any input back from these questions I'll keep an eye out to see what you find. Another thing is you could google search for any known issues with those specific games by searching "performance known issues *Game Name* *GPU name*" etc

Apr 27, 2023
If the game runs fine outside of the menu, you're fine. The same issue was seen with Amazon's New World, where even the highest end GPU's were fizzling out at the game menu. It was a bug in the game's code, that also brought out some manufacturing issues with GPU's.

I'd still make sure you're on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard, the latest update for the OS, then on the latest GPU driver for your GPU. Use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia), then manually reinstall with the latest drivers sourced from Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
Hello, thanks for your response ! i already done that multiple times and no result :c