Performance problem please help

Sep 25, 2018
I just upgraded the specs on my pc and there’s still no performance gain at all. I upgraded my GPU from a 1050 2GB to a 1060 6gig and my CPU from a fx 6100 to a fx 8350 and I see minimal if not difference at all. Can anyone explain would it could be?

Solution
There is one possibility. The FX 6 series gets you most of the game performance of the 8 series. In addition, it's possible BOTH the 6 and 8 are insufficient for certain games. Therefore, you would get no gain in performance by upgrading the videocard since you are already CPU limited.

This all depends on the games of course. Ideally, you would have upgraded ONE component, then tested the computer. If it runs fine, then upgrade the second component and test again. By upgrading both at once, you make it more difficult to troubleshoot the issue.
There is one possibility. The FX 6 series gets you most of the game performance of the 8 series. In addition, it's possible BOTH the 6 and 8 are insufficient for certain games. Therefore, you would get no gain in performance by upgrading the videocard since you are already CPU limited.

This all depends on the games of course. Ideally, you would have upgraded ONE component, then tested the computer. If it runs fine, then upgrade the second component and test again. By upgrading both at once, you make it more difficult to troubleshoot the issue.

Solution