[SOLVED] Performing below expectations (GPU + memory kit)

trc.sonic

Commendable
Nov 30, 2017
Hey guys, according to userbenchmark my computer is performing way below expectations: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/15929482
Could anybody help me fix it?
By the way, I recently upgraded from a 1440x900 monitor to a 1920x1080 one (Asus VG278QR) and my fps keeps dropping in CS:GO (I only play this game).
Thanks in advance.

Solution
The system is running on a mechanical (spinning) 1TB hard drive. Your "bottleneck" would be this drive (this is the bottleneck component in most computers older than 3 or 4 years). Your options are to get a new (or used, no shame in saving a few bucks!) solid-state hard drive (SSD), and move your operating system to it, this will be 7+times faster than what you have; Or you can get some extra system memory and set up a read cache, though I don't recommend this, for if you ever lost power, you would be way more likely to corrupt/lose data.
Here is an example of a good SATA-interface SSD...

trc.sonic

Commendable
Nov 30, 2017
look within 5% of each individual components that you have.
You just have an old system.
I know it's old... But like I said, I only use it to play CS:GO and I was able to get constant 130 fps on 1024x768 in matchmaking. With the new monitor + same resolution I get constant FPS drops. Could it be my RAM?

chris11d7

Honorable
May 5, 2014
The system is running on a mechanical (spinning) 1TB hard drive. Your "bottleneck" would be this drive (this is the bottleneck component in most computers older than 3 or 4 years). Your options are to get a new (or used, no shame in saving a few bucks!) solid-state hard drive (SSD), and move your operating system to it, this will be 7+times faster than what you have; Or you can get some extra system memory and set up a read cache, though I don't recommend this, for if you ever lost power, you would be way more likely to corrupt/lose data.
Here is an example of a good SATA-interface SSD: https://www.amazon.com/Blue-NAND-250GB-SSD-WDS250G2B0A/dp/B073SB2MXW/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=sata+ssd&qid=1554133210&refinements=p_n_feature_three_browse-bin:14027458011&rnid=6797515011&s=pc&sr=1-7

You could also add more memory, 16GB is a good amount to have these days, if you are experiencing stuttering or lag SPIKES (not low FPS), you are likely running low on system memory, and your computer is writing/reading a page file to that slow mechanical drive. Per your motherboard, it looks like the most memory (RAM) you can have is 16GB (2x8GB).

Solution