[SOLVED] Performing way below expectations

pavlaras74ever

Honorable
Dec 22, 2015
Hello I have a ryzen 7 3800x and on the userbenchmarks i noticed that my ryzen 7 is running lower than my friends ryzen 7 3700x, none of us have ever performed an OC on the Cpu's.
his benchmarks are here
and my benchmarks are here
any thoughts about what is going on with my cpu ?
All the drivers are up to date , so as chipset and bios.
1-core ,2-cores i got just 1pt more than he got.
4-cores and 8-cores , he got more than i got.
It doesn't seem normal to me.

cpu: Ryzen 7 3800x 3.9ghz-4.5ghz boost
gpu: Aorus RTX 2060 Super 1650mhz-1840mhz and memory 14001mhz
mobo: Aorus x570 pro rev1.0
psu: Aorus ap750gm 750W
ram: Aorus AR32C16S8K2HU416R 2x8gb 2666mhz-3200mhz xmp on
cpu's temp: 40-80C(min-max)
gpu's temp: 50-75C(max-max)

DMAN999

Admirable
Ambassador
Yes.
From what I see the only issue you really have is that their are programs running in the background (Background CPU is 8%).
You also have to take into account that a 3800x running at stock is slower than a 3700x with PBO enabled.

I suggest you disable whatever is running in the background before running that benchmark and your CPU score should go up a bit more.

Other than that I would leave it alone as everything looks fine.

Last edited:

DMAN999

Admirable
Ambassador
Yes.
From what I see the only issue you really have is that their are programs running in the background (Background CPU is 8%).
You also have to take into account that a 3800x running at stock is slower than a 3700x with PBO enabled.

I suggest you disable whatever is running in the background before running that benchmark and your CPU score should go up a bit more.

Other than that I would leave it alone as everything looks fine.

Last edited:

pavlaras74ever

Honorable
Dec 22, 2015
Yes.

Other than that I would leave it a lone as everything looks fine.
So , did i understand that right? The 3800x is running lower than 3700x anyways ? There's nothing wrong with my cpu , it is just what it is?

DMAN999

Admirable
Ambassador
Yes.
Basically it is 50/50% on which is faster.
On some systems the 3800x has a slight advantage and on others the 3700x is slightly faster.
That's why I bought a 3700x and not a 3800x.
My 3700x with PBO enabled outperforms every stock 3800x I have seen benchmarked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phaaze88

pavlaras74ever

Honorable
Dec 22, 2015
Yes.
Basically it is 50/50% on which is faster.
On some systems the 3800x has a slight advantage and on others the 3700x is slightly faster.
That's why I bought a 3700x and not a 3800x.
My 3700x with PBO enabled outperforms every stock 3800x I have seen benchmarked.
What is the PBO ? Is it something i can do on my cpu too ?

DMAN999

Admirable
Ambassador
What is the PBO ? Is it something i can do on my cpu too ?
Yes.
It is an Option in the BIOS that just need to be changed from Auto to Enabled.
This is where to find it on my Asus ROG Strix X470-F BIOS:
View: https://imgur.com/PchTRkS

Or if you want to tweak PBO even more go to Advanced Tab, click on AMD Overclocking and then click on Precision Boost Overdrive:
View: https://imgur.com/GrGoh2h

Your specific BIOS will have it in different places and will use different names for the TABs but the settings should be in there somewhere.

I would start with the setting on my AI Tweaker tab and see how well your PC handles that.
If you have a stock cooler you will have to keep an eye on your CPU temperature with Ryzen master Or HWInfo.
AMD Ryzen™ Master Utility for Overclocking Control | AMD
Download HWiNFO latest release

Last edited:
Reactions: pavlaras74ever

pavlaras74ever

Honorable
Dec 22, 2015
Yes.
It is an Option in the BIOS that just need to be changed from Auto to Enabled.
This is where to find it on my Asus ROG Strix X470-F BIOS:
View: https://imgur.com/PchTRkS

Or if you want to tweak PBO even more go to Advanced Tab, click on AMD Overclocking and then click on Precision Boost Overdrive:
View: https://imgur.com/GrGoh2h

Your specific BIOS will have it in different places and will use different names for the TABs but the settings should be in there somewhere.

I would start with the setting on the AI Tweaker tab and see how well your PC handles that.
If you have a stock cooler you will have to keep an eye on your CPU temperature with Ryzen master Or HWInfo.
AMD Ryzen™ Master Utility for Overclocking Control | AMD
Download HWiNFO latest release
thank you for everything

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS