Periodical no start-up

Sep 12, 2018
So I bought a bunch of delicious components that worked fine for about 2 weeks.

My problem is that my computer sometimes doesn’t turn on, there is absolutely no response when I press the power button.

My solution have been to pull everything out except the cpu and then it has usually helped and it all seem to work when I put it back into the machine, this hasn’t really showed me where the problem is though.

Possible causes could be: I ran everything without a case for 1 night and the day after it wouldn’t turn on and then I bought a case obviously but the problem persists.
I have no ground connection here so touching hdmi cables and stuff like this gives you a small shock, I might have pulled out the hdmi cable from the graphics card and given something a shock (though it runs fine when ever it boots).
I could have damaged the power switch pin on the motherboard because when running it without a case I just shorted those pins.

I’ve tested the power supply by shorting out 2 pins on the connector and it seems fine

It seems to happen if I shut it down for extended periods of time as I have not had problems restarting.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what I should do or live close to Puerto Vallarta and can help me test a i7-8700, Gigabyte AORUS 1060, some RAM and a MSI Z370A PRO, please let me know

Solution
Main concern:

"I have no ground connection here so touching hdmi cables and stuff like this gives you a small shock".

Until you have a proper ground you cannot count on anything working or continuing to work if the component even gets that far.

And you and other family members are at risk to be hurt. Or there could be a fire.

Get the outlet/circuit fixed by someone who knows how to do so.

And that power supply paper clip trick is very basic. There can be other problems within the PSU that may only be found by using a multimeter and doing some careful testing.

Suggestion is, again, get the electrical fixed first.

Ralston18

Titan
Main concern:

"I have no ground connection here so touching hdmi cables and stuff like this gives you a small shock".

Until you have a proper ground you cannot count on anything working or continuing to work if the component even gets that far.

And you and other family members are at risk to be hurt. Or there could be a fire.

Get the outlet/circuit fixed by someone who knows how to do so.

And that power supply paper clip trick is very basic. There can be other problems within the PSU that may only be found by using a multimeter and doing some careful testing.

Suggestion is, again, get the electrical fixed first.

Solution