Question Peripheral Issue with New GPU

Feb 8, 2024
A couple of months ago I made a post about how my PC occasionally turns off my peripherals(usually my Keyboard and Mouse) whether it be by gaming or general use. It started after I upgraded my GPU from an RX570 to an RX5600 XT, which I will include in the build below. My question is, does this issue I have regarding my keyboard and mouse losing power have anything to do with my new GPU or is it something else? I've looked at the Power Plan and turned off the setting to turn those off to conserve power, so I'm genuinely out of ideas here!

NZXT H510i
Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming Motherboard
G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (2x8Gb)
Sapphire Pulse RX 5600 XT
Ryzen 5 1600 65W AM4 Processor
Cooler Master MWE Gold 850 V2 Power Supply(NEW)
TEAMGROUP MP33 2TB SSD
Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm fans 3 pack w/ Lightning Node Pro
Redragon M908 Impact RGB LED MMO Mouse
Havit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

A couple of months ago I made a post about how my PC occasionally turns off my peripherals(usually my Keyboard and Mouse) whether it be by gaming or general use. It started after I upgraded my GPU from an RX570 to an RX5600 XT, which I will include in the build below. My question is, does this issue I have regarding my keyboard and mouse losing power have anything to do with my new GPU or is it something else? I've looked at the Power Plan and turned off the setting to turn those off to conserve power, so I'm genuinely out of ideas here!

NZXT H510i
Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming Motherboard
G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (2x8Gb)
Sapphire Pulse RX 5600 XT
Ryzen 5 1600 65W AM4 Processor
Cooler Master MWE Gold 850 V2 Power Supply(NEW)
TEAMGROUP MP33 2TB SSD
Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm fans 3 pack w/ Lightning Node Pro
Redragon M908 Impact RGB LED MMO Mouse
Havit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

update your bios
if i remember correctly this was a board or chipset issue on some motherboards gigabyte on earlier boards
that caused it to lose power

F25
AMD Chipset Driver 18.10.20.02 or higher make sure you install that first. before the bios update to f25.

DO NOT GO BEYOND THAT BIOS UPDATE F25
or you will lose the ability to boot at all as going beyond f25 will make the cpu ryzen 5 1600 not work as its microcode will be deleted so the board wont see it.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-AB350-Gaming-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios

Reactions: CountMike

TRENDING THREADS