[SOLVED] Peripherals and Monitor are not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Hwang

Commendable
Jun 5, 2017
Earlier this morning, my desktop was working fine. I left my computer on whilst taking a nap and when I came back I noticed it turned off. Curious, I turned on the computer. All the fans were working except the gpu fan (however every now and then, the fans spun a tiny bit).

At first, I thought the GPU was the problem since my monitor wouldn't even post and the fans weren't spinning consistently. Also, my mouse and keyboard have led lights but they refuse to work (both the lights and functionality). However, I noticed that in the EZ Debug LED was on for the CPU.

Now, surely the reason why my computer stopped working was because my cpu was somehow damaged, right? Also, what are the chances that my gpu was actually the problem or maybe even the PSU? I'm under the assumption that I need to replace my cpu and motherboard. Is this the right choice???

* I had this computer for about 3 years now*

SPECS:
CPU: I3-7100
MOBO: B250M PRO-VD
GPU: GTX 1060 3GB
HDD: 1 TB
RAM: 8×2 G 2113
PSU: 500W EVGA 80+

CPU picture

Last edited:
Solution
There's nothing at all wrong with that CPU with respect to the pins. For a long time now Intel CPU's have not had pins on them. The "pins" are now in the socket and contact those small round contact points on the CPU.

Daniel Hwang

Commendable
Jun 5, 2017
There's nothing at all wrong with that CPU with respect to the pins. For a long time now Intel CPU's have not had pins on them. The "pins" are now in the socket and contact those small round contact points on the CPU.

Ah, its been a while since I played around with parts!!! I probably sound like a fool haha. However, is there a reason why the debug light suddenly came on?

Status
Not open for further replies.