Question Peripherals stopped working while updating Windows (and uninstalling drivers) ?

Jan 18, 2021
This happened twice now, the first time my peripherals stopped is when I was updating windows 10 from 1909 to 20H2 all my peripherals stopped the only thing was the screen moving okay but since I can't do anything I decided to close it by power button (since there's nothing to do anymore), then I got BSOD so I did a system restore (before the update restore point) so everything was fine but I still would not touch the update button.

Now the 2nd time which is today, I was uninstalling my tablet driver (Huion 420) and then after the uninstallation, my peripherals stopped so I used the power button to turn it off, and once again I was BSOD, same thing I did a system restore, now I'm trying to figure out something yet to no avail so is there an explanation/fix for this?

do I wait a certain time?
or something?

I also came up with an idea I don't know if it will work but is there an automatic shutdown or something that I can set to a time ?
So when I'm updating and it's finished i'll just have to wait since my peripherals will just stop working.

(by peripherals I mean my mouse, keyboard, tablet, and RGB mouse pad)

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

By sight and feel verify that all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Jan 18, 2021
Update your post to include full system hardware specs.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

By sight and feel verify that all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Uhh I have a pre-built from hp
here's the link

also, I have upgraded my ram to 4x2 but nothing else changed

Jan 18, 2021
How long have you had the pre-built?

Heavy use for gaming, video editing, or even bit-mining?

PSU is 180 watts per the link you provided. Are you able to see the labeling on the PSU?

ill try tomorrow to see my wattage, tho I'm pretty sure it was 200 smth
also, this is for light gaming games such as
Roblox, Minecraft, and some games that are okay with my specs
also osu! since I use a tablet as well as Drawing (Krita)

Jan 18, 2021
I would still open the case, clean out, and re-seat everything.

I did what you told and I uninstalled my huion driver and for some lucky reason my windows update was also done automatically, so after that my keyboard and mouse stopped working again, but for another lucky reason my tablet was still working and I restarted the pc,
the windows update took about 4 hours but after that everything was fine now, just hope that it doesn't happen again