Permissions Issue with D-Drive

Dec 30, 2018
I'm new to asking the community for help but this issue really has had me stumped for a few days now.. I've granted administrative permissions to my boot drive and have control of it and am an admin on my account i'm using to troubleshoot. When I try to install anything onto my 1TB HDD (D-Drive) it says I don't have permission to install it to my drive. All my other storage space is full so I need help asap. How can I grant full permission to install what I want on my drive?

Dec 30, 2018

It came from a friend but he didn't leave any files on it as far as I know. It has lots of files including a game that I downloaded about 2 weeks back, so I'm guessing it was working before with no problems? Its a Seagate barracuda 1TB internal HDD

Dec 30, 2018

I downloaded it from epicgames.com it's a trusted sight but I do see now that's a possibility, maybe it corrupted something, I'll try deleting the game file from my drive

USAFRet

Titan

If possible, reformat the entire drive.

Dec 30, 2018

Not too sure how to do that, I have 0bytes left to do anything, I right clicked the drive from my file explorer then hit "format..." From here I can "restore device defaults" if you think that'll help

Dec 30, 2018

I click "format" then a new window opens called "Format New Volume (D:)". I have options for changing "capacity" "file system" "allocation unit size" "restore device defaults" or check/uncheck a box that says "quick format" then at the very bottom it has "start" and "close" boxes

Dec 30, 2018

"Windows cannot format this drive. Quit any disk utilities or other programs that are using this drive, and make sure that no window is displaying the contents of the drive. Then try formatting again." Then there's an "okay" prompt and nothing else. I closed everything running, restarted my computer and closed everything again before trying to format. Nothing seems to be working hmmm

USAFRet

Titan

Screencap of your current Disk Management window, please.

Dec 30, 2018

I am not home at the moment, but thinking back I think I unplugged a USB stick from my computer a couple days ago! I think I either forgot to plug it back in or maybe didn't sync it again when I went back on, and maybe it had some kind of software settings or something on the USB stick I just need to plug in again.

This is kind of hypothetical right now but I'll try plugging in me USB stick again later and let you know how it goes