Jun 4, 2023
In December 2022, I built a new PC with the following components:
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X,
G.Skill Ripjaws F4-3600C18S-16GVK 16GB x2 (32GB), [not in qvl, but i have other sticks form XPG which is in QVL of this mobo it behaves the same]
Zotac 3070ti Trinity 8GB, [i have 2060oc ive checked by swapping GPU its still the same]
Crucial P2 NVME 500GB,
1TB Seagate Barracuda 7.2K,
X570s UD REV 1.0 GIGABYTE motherboard,
and a 750W Gold EVGA power supply.

Initially, I encountered a 1 long 3 short beeps error (the day when i built the PC but after few hours and few restarts), but after a few days, the computer would post fine. However, after some time, it refused to turn on altogether. I took it to a service center, where I received a strange explanation advising me to disable the secure boot option due to compatibility issues with my CPU. Despite following their advice, the problem persisted, and I eventually had the motherboard replaced. The new motherboard also produced the 1 long 3 short beeps error, but only when the GPU was installed in PCIe slot 1. Moving the GPU to another slot allowed the system to function properly, and benchmark scores were consistent. The manufacturer claims the issue lies with my CPU, but I find it perplexing since both RAM sticks and the GPU work fine in other slots. I'm at a loss for what to do, and it's been six months since I've been able to use this PC. I urgently need assistance in resolving this matter.

D

Deleted member 2947362

To be fair PCIe slot 1 is connected the CPU's built in PCIe 4.0 and PCIe slot 2 is connected to the PCIe 4.0 on the motherboards chipset.

This would be a lot of messing around but you could remove the CPU and inspect the pins on the motherboards CPU socket looking for bent or out of aligned socket pins.
OR
inspect the PCIe slot 1 on the motherboard for any damage (just to cross off the list)

After reading your post again It does sound like it could be either an issue with the CPU or the motherboard, but if its the motherboard it can be bent pins or damaged to the slot or surrounding IC's.

It could be the pins are out of alignment when you first built the PC and may of been the issue from the start but the only way to know is by removing the CPU to inspect the Socket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NotUrLabRat
Jun 4, 2023
To be fair PCIe slot 1 is connected the CPU's built in PCIe 4.0 and PCIe slot 2 is connected to the PCIe 4.0 on the motherboards chipset.

This would be a lot of messing around but you could remove the CPU and inspect the pins on the motherboards CPU socket looking for bent or out of aligned socket pins.
OR
inspect the PCIe slot 1 on the motherboard for any damage (just to cross off the list)

After reading your post again It does sound like it could be either an issue with the CPU or the motherboard, but if its the motherboard it can be bent pins or damaged to the slot or surrounding IC's.

It could be the pins are out of alignment when you first built the PC and may of been the issue from the start but the only way to know is by removing the CPU to inspect the Socket.
Mobo has been replaced already its all new received it on 12th may. I have inspected it theres nothing just to confirm i have small blower for this purpose as i ve been building pcs for 8 years now. No bent pins on cpu as far as mobo is concerned i have checked it no residue has to be found inside the mobo. Its LGA so its clearly visible.

D

Deleted member 2947362

Mobo has been replaced already its all new received it on 12th may. I have inspected it theres nothing just to confirm i have small blower for this purpose as i ve been building pcs for 8 years now. No bent pins on cpu as far as mobo is concerned i have checked it no residue has to be found inside the mobo. Its LGA so its clearly visible.

oh yeah I forgot these CPU's still have the PINs on the CPU :D
(It's not like I don't have the old R5 1600 CPU I upgraded from sitting on a shelf to remind me, to many Intel boards laying around lol)

Anyway

The only other thing to try is test another CPU if possible.

I say that because you say the issue only happens in PCIe 1 which is only linked to the CPU PCIe controller.

It's handy to know you have been building PC's for 8 years because you will have an understanding of the hardware you have and will know the PCIe 1 is linked directly to the CPU's PCIe Bus.

So it does make sense an issue could lay with the CPU if you have changed the motherboard and tested 2 different graphic's cards resulting in the same problem.

If you don't have another CPU you can test, try and find a local Computer shop and ask if they have an old used CPU you could borrow and offer to leave a deposit you might find they are willing to help.
(Yup, I have asked before years back and ended up becoming good friends with the shop owner lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NotUrLabRat
Jun 4, 2023
oh yeah I forgot these CPU's still have the PINs on the CPU :D
(It's not like I don't have the old R5 1600 CPU I upgraded from sitting on a shelf to remind me, to many Intel boards laying around lol)

Anyway

The only other thing to try is test another CPU if possible.

I say that because you say the issue only happens in PCIe 1 which is only linked to the CPU PCIe controller.

It's handy to know you have been building PC's for 8 years because you will have an understanding of the hardware you have and will know the PCIe 1 is linked directly to the CPU's PCIe Bus.

So it does make sense an issue could lay with the CPU if you have changed the motherboard and tested 2 different graphic's cards resulting in the same problem.

If you don't have another CPU you can test, try and find a local Computer shop and ask if they have an old used CPU you could borrow and offer to leave a deposit you might find they are willing to help.
(Yup, I have asked before years back and ended up becoming good friends with the shop owner lol)
I took everything and got it checked on other mobo everything is working fine benchmarked it even. Mobo was B550M PRO VDH WIFI MSI. but when I was leaving the shop I thought i should give my mobo a try then somehow it started to work again? BUUT LIKEE HWOWW? Not until today it was like a wrecked slot which doesnt woke up till date somehow it started working again!!!
Then engineer reminded me if I have proper grounding at home then it reminded me maybe I don't have proper grounding. I came back and called electrician then he confirmed that I don't have working grounding wire it has been there for more than 40 years [I'm 23, it's the age of house] but not working it's not been connected anywhere! If that is a problem, why my other PCs are working fine for years not a single problem has been reported.
For this build I have 1200VA ups which only powers PC rest peripherals are connected to other sockets.

Iam hella confused!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2947362

I took everything and got it checked on other mobo everything is working fine benchmarked it even. Mobo was B550M PRO VDH WIFI MSI. but when I was leaving the shop I thought i should give my mobo a try then somehow it started to work again? BUUT LIKEE HWOWW? Not until today it was like a wrecked slot which doesnt woke up till date somehow it started working again!!!
Then engineer reminded me if I have proper grounding at home then it reminded me maybe I don't have proper grounding. I came back and called electrician then he confirmed that I don't have working grounding wire it has been there for more than 40 years [I'm 23, it's the age of house] but not working it's not been connected anywhere! If that is a problem, why my other PCs are working fine for years not a single problem has been reported.
For this build I have 1200VA ups which only powers PC rest peripherals are connected to other sockets.

Iam hella confused!
I haven't used an UPS power system on a PC for years, the only time I did get one it caused problems, so I got rid of it and the problems went.

The UPS was rated higher wattage than my system but it still cause the PC to reset at random time or strange issues at random times.

I have not bothered using one since, but to be fair I didn't really need one in the first place it was back in the days when people would say you need one to protect the PC from dirty electric.
With the power suppliers in the country I live, I don't seem to have that kind of issue anyway.
But you know what the internet can be like YOU NEED one, type of thing.

That was probs over 30 years ago though.