Question Persistent DCOM error in Event Viewer ?

djsolidsnake86

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2015
I have thousands of this error in Event Viewer:
"The server MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_120.2212.4180.0_x64__cw5n1h2txyewy!InputApp did not register with DCOM within the required timeout"

What is it and how can i fix? thanks

Colif

Win 11 Master
almost every windows computer has dcom events. they aren't necessarily errors, event viewer reports when things don't work once, they may work every other time.
DCOM are database errors. Changes are made in windows and some don't always line up with what was inplace already

Are you having any problems you think might be caused by these events?
What Event ID are they showing as?

djsolidsnake86

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2015
almost every windows computer has dcom events. they aren't necessarily errors, event viewer reports when things don't work once, they may work every other time.
DCOM are database errors. Changes are made in windows and some don't always line up with what was inplace already

Are you having any problems you think might be caused by these events?
What Event ID are they showing as?
correct, but i have this error on event viewer many times in a minute, os write this error every time, i think is not normal
i think that is something with microsoft text input, that i disabled
don't know how re-enable the app

D

Deleted member 14196

Yep I’ve seen it and I get them too and I wouldn’t worry about it one bit. You don’t have anything running in over dcom right? If not don’t worry about it

Colif

Win 11 Master
what Event ID?

This might help:
right click start button

choose powershell (admin)

copy/paste this command into window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth

and press enter

Then type SFC /scannow

and press enter

Restart PC if SFC fixes any files as some fixes require a restart to be implemented

First command repairs the files SFC uses to clean files, and SFC fixes system files

SFC = System File Checker. First command runs DISM - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/what-is-dism?view=windows-11

People have tried many things to stop that event = https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/an...start-a-dcom-server-microsoftwindowsclie.html

I don't look in event viewer, if PC is working fine just ignore it. Its almost as bad as looking in Reliability History, you can see things you don't need to know.