Question Persistent PC freezing issue, but only in specific games ?

icemaker15

Reputable
Jan 15, 2019
I've been encountering frequent freezes on my PC while playing certain games, such as Rainbow Six Siege and Forza Horizon 5. The freezes result in a complete system lock-up, requiring a manual restart. Here are the details and troubleshooting steps I've taken:

• PC freezes occur only during gaming sessions, not during browsing or stress testing.

• Keyboard and mouse stop responding, including the LEDs on them.

• Reinstalled Windows (tried both Windows 10 and Windows 11) without resolving the issue.

• Updated BIOS and drivers (including graphics drivers) to the latest versions.

• Ran stress tests on CPU and GPU (e.g., FurMark, OCCT) for extended periods without encountering any freezes.
• Checked for disk errors and ran Memtest86, both of which returned no errors.
• Tried different PSU and RAM modules without success.
• Monitored temperatures during gameplay, and all components are within normal ranges.
• No overclocking has been done on any components.
• Event Viewer shows "nvlddmkm event ID 0" error related to the NVIDIA display driver.
• Also encountered "livekernelevent" errors (141, 142, 193) related to Windows kernel.

Despite trying various troubleshooting steps, including clean driver installations, adjusting settings, and updating firmware, the freezing issue persists specifically in these games. Other more demanding games like Doom Eternal, Jedi Fallen Order or War Thunder and CSGO run smoothly without any freezing problems on max details. Any help, suggestions, or insights would be greatly appreciated!

speccy link: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/8vTg7tuPGwhZKNXqBDnlGnb

Ralston18

Titan
Where are you getting the games? Sources?

Go to Nvidia's website and manually download the applicable drivers. Reinstall and reconfigure. No third party installers.

You mentioned Event Viewer. Also look in Reliability History/Monitor. Much more user friendly and the timeline format can reveal more information and patterns.

Run "sfc /scannow" and "dism".

icemaker15

Reputable
Jan 15, 2019
Where are you getting the games? Sources?

Go to Nvidia's website and manually download the applicable drivers. Reinstall and reconfigure. No third party installers.

You mentioned Event Viewer. Also look in Reliability History/Monitor. Much more user friendly and the timeline format can reveal more information and patterns.

Run "sfc /scannow" and "dism".
Ive tried sfc scan but it didnt find any corrupt files.
All games come from their original launcher(forza-xbox app, siege-ubisoft connect)
Ive tried reinstalling nvidia drivers with nvidias drivers even without DDU
In reliability monitor i found out about the livekernelevent 141

May 29, 2023
I've been encountering frequent freezes on my PC while playing certain games, such as Rainbow Six Siege and Forza Horizon 5. The freezes result in a complete system lock-up, requiring a manual restart. Here are the details and troubleshooting steps I've taken:

• PC freezes occur only during gaming sessions, not during browsing or stress testing.

• Keyboard and mouse stop responding, including the LEDs on them.

• Reinstalled Windows (tried both Windows 10 and Windows 11) without resolving the issue.

• Updated BIOS and drivers (including graphics drivers) to the latest versions.

• Ran stress tests on CPU and GPU (e.g., FurMark, OCCT) for extended periods without encountering any freezes.
• Checked for disk errors and ran Memtest86, both of which returned no errors.
• Tried different PSU and RAM modules without success.
• Monitored temperatures during gameplay, and all components are within normal ranges.
• No overclocking has been done on any components.
• Event Viewer shows "nvlddmkm event ID 0" error related to the NVIDIA display driver.
• Also encountered "livekernelevent" errors (141, 142, 193) related to Windows kernel.

Despite trying various troubleshooting steps, including clean driver installations, adjusting settings, and updating firmware, the freezing issue persists specifically in these games. Other more demanding games like Doom Eternal, Jedi Fallen Order or War Thunder and CSGO run smoothly without any freezing problems on max details. Any help, suggestions, or insights would be greatly appreciated!

speccy link: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/8vTg7tuPGwhZKNXqBDnlGnb
I've got a very similar problem, but I have a problem with a CS:GO. From Your list only PSU was not changed and OS is still exactly the same - Windows 10.
I don't know what is a source of this problem. Is your reset button working on freeze? My did nothing.

May 29, 2023
Eureka, I know why computer freezing. When my CPU Core Voltage recieved 1,503 V then computer freezes. I had set Voltage to Auto so this jumping from 0,9 to 1,5 V in peak. When was peak computer freezes. Now I set 1,35V and now CS:GO working properly.