[SOLVED] PfSense on a low powered build

jonathani05

Commendable
May 3, 2018
Networking is my hobby. I want to upgrade my router without spending too much money . Also i want to have something that uses as low power as possible I found this product on AliExpress

And i was wondering if i would be able to run PfSense on this if i add a 2 port NIC card on it.

jonathani05

Commendable
May 3, 2018
I would never buy anything direct from china like that. Who knows what you will get.

There's a lot of people getting rid of pfense router cases all the time--just look for them and then you'll have a solid foundation to start from.

About that
I order a lot of things from China and i never had an issue with it. I did some research online and i found out that this board is actually from an Asus prebuild system so i'm pretty confident!

About that
I order a lot of things from China and i never had an issue with it. I did some research online and i found out that this board is actually from an Asus prebuild system so i'm pretty confident!
I would still never trust it. Many governments and people around the world have found bugs and other nasty surprises in 'made in china' goods like these. Not worth the risk to me. They've already biowarfared us with a virus and the cyberattacks keep coming--no reason to give another attack vector.