pg279q vs pg27vq

Solution
The PG279Q uses an IPS panel the PG27VQ uses a TN panel. Tn panels typically don't have as accurate of color reproduction as IPS, and worse viewing angles so if you look at a TN panel from an angle colors will be distorted. However TN's tend to have slightly better response times and input lag however that difference is much smaller with these new IPS panels.

IPS panels the PG279Q in particular can have backlight bleed issues, which can be quite unsightly for such an expensive monitor. That is the only reason I would consider the TN over the IPS.

I wouldn't say one is "better" than the other, they are different. I personally would prefer an IPS panel assuming it doesn't have a ton of backlight bleed or IPS glow.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
The PG279Q uses an IPS panel the PG27VQ uses a TN panel. Tn panels typically don't have as accurate of color reproduction as IPS, and worse viewing angles so if you look at a TN panel from an angle colors will be distorted. However TN's tend to have slightly better response times and input lag however that difference is much smaller with these new IPS panels.

IPS panels the PG279Q in particular can have backlight bleed issues, which can be quite unsightly for such an expensive monitor. That is the only reason I would consider the TN over the IPS.

I wouldn't say one is "better" than the other, they are different. I personally would prefer an IPS panel assuming it doesn't have a ton of backlight bleed or IPS glow.

Solution
I assume you want to know which one is better for gaming
Even though ASUS makes some good TN panels that could be as good as some IPS displays, I would prefer the ASUS PG279Q IPS display since I don't see any justification for the higher price on the ASUS PG27VQ.
Also the true response time (4ms) of the ASUS PG279Q is stated, but the ASUS PG27VQ real response time is not shown just a marketing BS: 1ms (GTG) Grey to Grey. In reality that could mean that response time is equal or higher to similar monitors and they don't want us to know.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador

Yeah I agree not sure why that monitor is so expensive. OP if you want to go TN I would recommend the PG278Q it should be cheaper than the PG279Q.