Question Phantek D30 / Glacier 360 Setup with MSI X670E

May 24, 2024
Hello.

Short question for cable management and stuff I need to buy:

I want doing this:

D30

I am sure that Fan Management can be done via the MSI ports FAN_CPU, _BACK etc. and the chaining feature of the fans.

What I don't know and where I need help: I only have 2 JRGBs on this board.

Do I need some special cables that don't come packaged with the fans? Hubs?
Can you post me - IF NEEDED - the 1,2 missing pieces? I would be fine with Daisy Chain tho.

ALL Fans are going white in color, so they don't need to be adresseable each-for-their-own.

Last edited:
Hello.

Short question for cable management and stuff I need to buy:

I want doing this:

D30

I am sure that Fan Management can be done via the MSI ports FAN_CPU, _BACK etc. and the chaining feature of the fans.

What I don't know and where I need help: I only have 2 JRGBs on this board.

Do I need some special cables that don't come packaged with the fans? Hubs?
Can you post me - IF NEEDED - the 1,2 missing pieces? I would be fine with Daisy Chain tho.

ALL Fans are going white in color, so they don't need to be adresseable each-for-their-own.
AIO coolers come with all necessary cables for pump and radiator fans as well as for eventual (A)RGB lights. There must be a manual for it.
Case fans usually don't unless as special kit or controller for multiple fans. The fact that all fans will run white doesn't change a thing when ARGB is concerned, they still have to be connected to proper headers to light up at all. With ARGB every LED can be controlled individually, not in clusters. Every LED cab display all 3 colors, when Red. Blue and Green are all equal value, color is white. That's done by software.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

MSI X670E
Which X670E chipset board from MSI are we looking at here?

I only have 2 JRGBs on this board
RGB and ARGB are two different standards, they are not interchangeable. I say this since the fans are DRGB and operate at 5V, instead of the 12v that RGB operates at.

May 24, 2024
The Phantek comes with 1x JST ARGB lighting (3-pin, 5 W) (each).
That's the board.

Hope that helps. I really just know what I have to buy on top to that what comes with the AiO and 2x 3 120 Packs.

Maybe they can be daisy-chained right of the bat, maybe I need cables or some hubs/controller.

It's so unclear ... :/