Question Phanteks Eclipse G500A Basement (Radiator Gap) Cover?

DAG93

Reputable
Feb 23, 2020
Hey Everyone! Just wanted to reach out and see if someone had a solution to a issue I have with the Phanteks Eclipse G500A. Log story short I am helping a friend build in an white PC case and the Phanteks Eclipse G500A has a cut out in the front for a front mounted rad. We do not have a front mounted rad so basically we just have a hole that shows all of the exposed cables below and it looks awful. Are there aftermarket covers for these situations?

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16811854121

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
A bit confused. Why would there be a hole there? The mesh front panel goes over the radiator and fans. And if there is no radiator being used there, where are the fans? They come with the case and it's the only logical place for intake, so there certainly shouldn't be nothing there.

Something really odd is going on with this build.

DAG93

Reputable
Feb 23, 2020
A bit confused. Why would there be a hole there? The mesh front panel goes over the radiator and fans. And if there is no radiator being used there, where are the fans? They come with the case and it's the only logical place for intake, so there certainly shouldn't be nothing there.

Something really odd is going on with this build.

The Fans sit inside the grill in the front to give more room in the case. The Rad is getting mounted on the top. That being said the there is a cut out on the bottom of the PSU shroud to account for a front mounted radiator and you can see the wires for the PSU (black of course) through that open gap. I was hoping someone had a solution, Im surprised Phanteks didn't send a plate to cover that up if you aren't front mounting a rad.