[SOLVED] Phanteks Enthoo 719 case Leds and fans

DomoDomo

Commendable
Oct 1, 2020
I purchased the Phanteks Enthoo 719 along with a Threadripper 3970X and the Asus ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha. I love the case, the design and how roomy it is. However, I am having a major problem, the documentation provided is light and as such I am having issues getting the Case LEDS to work as well as connecting my case fans (Five fans total). I have tried Phanteks website, Google and Youtube but have still been unable to resolve this. Page 15 of their manual states:

1. “connect the fan hub 4-pin input cable to your motherboards fan header”
  2. “connect extra fans to the corresponding connector on the universal fan hub”
  3. “connect the SATA cable to the power supply”
A few issues, Which cable is the “Fan Hub 4 Pin Input Cable”? The case has two SATA cables, which one is being called out here and what does the other do?
I do not have a white 3 pin universal cable for that white 3-/4pin connector.
I have everything else setup and this issue is the only thing preventing me from completing my build. I cool with with either just using their default fan hub /rgb control or wiring to my mobo.
Thank you all for your time and I hope someone can help.

Solution
Your motherboard only has TWO chassis fan headers, so you'd probably want to get a couple of PWM four pin (Even if you are using 3 pin fans) splitter cables so you can split those two fan headers on the motherboard to those four fans, and then use one of the AIO water pump w_pump headers for the fifth fan. You can even use the CPU_OPT fan header for the fifth fan if you like, but be sure to change the source in the BIOS for that fan header from CPU to the motherboard, VRM or whatever sensor source you select for the other chassis fans.

Honestly, it's probably just as good of an option, even though I too usually use only the motherboard fan headers for fan controls, to use the fan hub. Simply connect the four pin white header on the...

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
I don't use the fan hub on my old Enthoo Pro. I'd rather be able to control the case fans one by one.

But it comes with a cable with a fan header (4 pin) connector on it. As well as the sata cable connected to the hub pcb.
The 4 pin, you'd connect to a motherboard fan header. And the sata to a PSU sata power connector.

DomoDomo

Commendable
Oct 1, 2020
I don't use the fan hub on my old Enthoo Pro. I'd rather be able to control the case fans one by one.

But it comes with a cable with a fan header (4 pin) connector on it. As well as the sata cable connected to the hub pcb.
The 4 pin, you'd connect to a motherboard fan header. And the sata to a PSU sata power connector.
SteveRx4 - thank you for your response. I saw a similar response somewhere about bypassing the fan hub all together. That leaves figuring out which cables go to the motherboard. Or if I need to disconnect any cabkes form the hub of still omen t the SATA. I could post pictures if needs be. I also have an email out to Phanteks tech support

Your motherboard only has TWO chassis fan headers, so you'd probably want to get a couple of PWM four pin (Even if you are using 3 pin fans) splitter cables so you can split those two fan headers on the motherboard to those four fans, and then use one of the AIO water pump w_pump headers for the fifth fan. You can even use the CPU_OPT fan header for the fifth fan if you like, but be sure to change the source in the BIOS for that fan header from CPU to the motherboard, VRM or whatever sensor source you select for the other chassis fans.

Honestly, it's probably just as good of an option, even though I too usually use only the motherboard fan headers for fan controls, to use the fan hub. Simply connect the four pin white header on the hub to one of the chassis fan headers via the supplied four pin double ended female cable (IF it wasn't included you will need to contact Phanteks so they can get one sent out to you, which they will certainly do) that should have come in the hardware kit.

Then connect each fan to one of the appropriate three or four pin headers on the hub.

Then connect one of the SATA power cables from the power supply to whatever SATA cable is coming from the hub or directly to the hub itself if there is a SATA connector on the hub for you to connect power to.

Solution