Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Galaxy Silver Is, Well, Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.

epobirs

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
The most interesting aspect to me is that there is no place to install an optical drive. Sure, you can plug one into USB as needed but that still makes a statement about how the way PCs are used has changed. I still remember how strange it felt the first time I built a new PC with no floppy drive, though that machine did have an internal ZIP drive.

skylinegtr191

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
The most interesting aspect to me is that there is no place to install an optical drive. Sure, you can plug one into USB as needed but that still makes a statement about how the way PCs are used has changed. I still remember how strange it felt the first time I built a new PC with no floppy drive, though that machine did have an internal ZIP drive.

Actually, it's in the back at the top.

skylinegtr191

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009

Actually, it's in the back at the top.

Filmman3000

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015
I use this case and it is Really great!

Super easy to get into with the hinged doors. Cable Management is awesome. Setup and build is very quick.
Also very clean inside. I love that there is no optical drive bays (They are totally unnecessary in this day and age.) If you need one get an external and call it a day.

Airflow is decent but not great
I run a 5960x OC'd to 4.4GHZ with a thermaltake water 3.0 360mm rad. No heat issues on CPU.
Dual MSI 6G GTX 980ti's in SLI run a little hot on full load. 84c on GPU 1 and 74 on GPU 2 at 99% not OC'd
I also find that if I pull the front metal panel off I get much better airflow which I do when I'm gaming.

I have been thinking of cutting a hole in the side panel and adding a 140mm fan for the GPU's.
I plan to water cool eventually so when I do heat wont be an issue anyway with all the room for rads

Overall 8.5/10

Pro's:
- Very clean build
- Quick to build into
- Top Fan/Rad bracket is really awesome
- Super easy to access
- Hidden HDD's
- Custom Water cooling would be a breeze

Con's
- Airflow could be better on intake
- Heavy
- Extra 3.5" bay in the back would be great (There is room to mount 2 more just no screw holes.)

Status
Not open for further replies.