Phanteks Evolv vs Fractal Design Meshify C

Fengzhu88

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2013
Trying to decide between these two cases for my new build. The Phanteks is obviously a lot bigger, but I don't have any components that won't fit into the Meshify C. I like the looks of both cases and just wanted opinions of which of these two cases is generally better, especially for a first time builder. I've heard the Phanteks has airflow issues sometimes, but like the fact that it has plenty of room for a build and that the standoffs come preinstalled on the case. Not sure which case's cable management is better, both seem pretty great. Any thoughts?

Solution
Honestly I'd go for the Phanteks, but not the Evolv, but the P400s tempered glass.

Many cases have supposed issues with airflow, including my fractal design define R5, which because of the door regulates the fan draw to side venting, same as the Evolv. But thats going to be the case with any case that has a solid front. The only thing I've noticed from such is when moving my radiator to the front as intake, to get the same performance at idle the fans went from 450rpm to just under 600rpm. Really not a big deal as they are still silent. It's only really an issue in some cases where the fans are set too close to the front, having minimal airspace to create a good vacuum and the slots are too small to really accommodate higher airflow...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Honestly I'd go for the Phanteks, but not the Evolv, but the P400s tempered glass.

Many cases have supposed issues with airflow, including my fractal design define R5, which because of the door regulates the fan draw to side venting, same as the Evolv. But thats going to be the case with any case that has a solid front. The only thing I've noticed from such is when moving my radiator to the front as intake, to get the same performance at idle the fans went from 450rpm to just under 600rpm. Really not a big deal as they are still silent. It's only really an issue in some cases where the fans are set too close to the front, having minimal airspace to create a good vacuum and the slots are too small to really accommodate higher airflow demands. I've not heard of that being an issue with any Phanteks case in particular but have heard that about several cheaper case designs from not-so-quality vendors.

You don't need a gale inside the case for airflow, it just has to move when needed, so either case will be fine, both are quality and easy builders, so it's really all about what you prefer. You have to look at it for the next few years, we don't.

Solution

Fengzhu88

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2013

The Eclipse is another case that I've looked at and it seems impressive, especially at its price point. I've decided I want a little bit more room though than what it and the meshify c has to offer. I've been looking into the Be Quiet Dark Base 700 and 900, as well as the Silverstone Primera PM01 cases. Any opinions on those and how they stack up comparatively to the Phanteks Evolv?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Room for what? Any of the mid towers will fit a gpu, cpu cooler, ATX mobo comfortably, as well as any extraneous stuff like drives. For the most part all that's left is airspace. I personally can't wait to build myself a new system, it'll be mITX. Right now I have a CM 690 II and a Fractal Design R5 and they are huge inside, there's so much space because of lack of stuff to fill either one that wiring was an issue, I've got extenders on every fan etc.

Unless you have 5 or 6 hdds, 2 or 3 gpus, huge tower coolers you want to look smaller, then the only thing large cases, especially full towers do is create airflow issues, needing more fans at higher cfm/rpm to move larger volumes of air.

That and desktop real-estate is limited, regulating most ppl huge towers to spots next to their feet etc.