Question Phanteks P360 Front Fan

kiwis

Reputable
Dec 30, 2019
I've just got a Phanteks P360 Case, with a Aorus B350 Board.

I have only 1 wire with two plugs on it not connected It's tagged "D-RGB FAN" Both plugs seem to have 3 pins on them.

My front fan is not working, I can't seem to find a connection point on my board that accepts 3 pins. Almost all connections have pins.

I assume this is why my front fan is not going.

Any ideas?

kiwis

Reputable
Dec 30, 2019
4 pin fan headers on motherboards are keyed for (and compatible with) 3-pin fans also. No issue there. Perhaps you're connecting the wrong wire to the mobo fan header?

What I’m saying is my case also has pins, pins can’t go into pins on the motherboard. If that makes sense.

So you're specifically talking about the RGB cables. Ok. I thought you were saying the front fan isn't even spinning (which should be independent of the RGB functionality)

There's no such thing as an Aorus B350 motherboard. Please provide a link to your specific motherboard from Gigabyte's website. Potentially your mobo doesn't support RGB.

kiwis

Reputable
Dec 30, 2019
Digging deeper:
The stock fan on the Phanteks 360X is NOT an RGB fan. The RGB cables are for strips on the front panel.

If you can't see the cable for the front fan, take off the front and side-back panels to look for it.
Oh right, out of interest then. Where can I plug these into?