[SOLVED] Phanteks Revolt X PH-P1000PS 80PLUS Platinum

Jan 8, 2021
My question is pretty simple I am looking for a good PSU. I have the P500A Phanteks Case that is running the x570 tomahawk MB with a 5900x CPU running 32gb of 3600 16 RAM, Two SN750's for storage and the GPU will be the 3080 more than likely.

I know with that spec I can easily do it on a 750 to 850w PSU, with NVIDIA suggesting at least a 750, but I have watched many reviewers say that the 3080 and 3090 have weird moments of power spikes during heavy gaming which I will be doing, and they suggest even going about the NVIDIA recommendations by 20% which would throw me right at 900w PSU.

Most PSU are crazy expensive just for a gold rated and I saw this 1000w Revolt X for $239 right now which isn't horrible for the shortage and the fact that its platinum rated.

I know the big daddy is Seasonic which I am using that in my current build and I read the sticky covering some of the other brands but not Phanteks. So I am just looking for opinions on this model or any recommendations of models I should be looking at.

Solution
My question is pretty simple I am looking for a good PSU. I have the P500A Phanteks Case that is running the x570 tomahawk MB with a 5900x CPU running 32gb of 3600 16 RAM, Two SN750's for storage and the GPU will be the 3080 more than likely.

I know with that spec I can easily do it on a 750 to 850w PSU, with NVIDIA suggesting at least a 750, but I have watched many reviewers say that the 3080 and 3090 have weird moments of power spikes during heavy gaming which I will be doing, and they suggest even going about the NVIDIA recommendations by 20% which would throw me right at 900w PSU.

Most PSU are crazy expensive just for a gold rated and I saw this 1000w Revolt X for $239 right now which isn't horrible for the shortage and the...

Most PSU are crazy expensive just for a gold rated and I saw this 1000w Revolt X for $239 right now which isn't horrible for the shortage and the fact that its platinum rated.

I know the big daddy is Seasonic which I am using that in my current build and I read the sticky covering some of the other brands but not Phanteks. So I am just looking for opinions on this model or any recommendations of models I should be looking at.
It's a high end PSU with a whopping 12 year warranty and is in fact made by Seasonic. If you can afford it pull the trigger.

Solution
Oh wow I had no idea it was made by Seasonic.

Do you think $229 is a fair price or is that to much?

Also Amazon currently has the 1200w model for $242
I don't know if that's a normal price for it or if it's been hiked up due to artificial reasons. $200 range does not sound unreasonable for a high end powerfull PSU. You won't be needing a new PSU for a very long time. There's some info right here at Tom's if you want to read a bit-
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/phanteks-metalicgear-and-revolt-psus,37316.html