Phantom Returns With Online Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
As like many others, I laughed my ass off back in 2006 when Infinium Labs was trying to get their console off. They didn't seem to me like they were a legit company and the CEO back then, Timothy Roberts, is a known scammer and has been charged more than once for fraud.

However, if the new Phantom Entertainment is to really be releasing a genuine and functional product, maybe we can give them a chance. But I'll only believe it when I see it.

_Arthur

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
How did Phantom E. managed to secure the distribution rights ? Last time I checked, gaming companies were suing them.
Is Timothy Roberts really the CEO of Phantom Game Service, Inc (the company that contracted the gaming download service with Phantom Entertainment). Tim Roberts have been banned for being a company officer for 5 years, by the SEC.

Have anyone managed to download one of the games Demos yet ?

_Arthur

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
Zak, Tim Roberts has been involved in a stock scam only once.
He was part of a few unsuccesful dot-bomb companies, but no fraud then.

According to Phantom's SEC filings the company sold the rights and technololy to a gaming store (and the right to use their trademarks and website) to a Timothy Roberts, for a whopping $65,000 last August.
They also get 7% of the gross sales, and 49% of the shares of the other (Tim Robert's) company.

A pretty good deal, all thing considered.

WheelsOfConfusion

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
[citation]The company has a lot of mending to do; has a tarnished reputation to re-polish.[/citation]
That might be true if they ever had a "polished" reputation to begin with. As far as I was aware their only claim to fame was in being a consistent no-show from the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.