Phenom B3 stepping reviews

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

epsilon84

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2006

Who knows, BIOS support is key, though Asus has a pretty good track record in that regard. ;)

yipsl

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2006

That's why everyone's waiting for Deneb. I don't like the thermals of an overclocked B3 or Q6600. Rumors of the Deneb from gossip sites like The Inquirer say it will arrive at 3.0 stock at 65 watts. If more pipelines allow it to be really overclockable, then it will be the Phenom we hoped for. Too bad it will take about 9 more months to arrive, then it will compete against Nehalem. Oh well, there's always hope at 32nm past SOI.

Is that AM2 or AM2+? From the few articles I've seen, Denebs will be supported on AM2+ and then on AM3 a few months later. I don't think they will be supported on AM2 boards, but I could be wrong.

epsilon84

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2006

I doubt 'everyone' is waiting for Deneb, I may be mistaken but I think Nehalem is the more anticipated product of the two. ;)

As for 3GHz 65W Deneb chips? LOL I'll believe it when I see it, The INQ has a habit of hyping up AMD's products, mainly thanks to its bunnysuit fanboy Charlie D and his sidekick Theo. :lol: