Phenom II X2 550 turns into a Phenom II X4 B50

Page 30 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately I have a die-hard fan that is trying to get me in trouble, some dude created an account over at OCN making people believe that it was me. I made a few calls here n there and finally got him removed. On top of that my ISP had some major issues with their fiber so I had to jump ship and get me some Fios.

xtc28

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Woooo hoooo!!!!!! Im back......... for now. Hey I got me one of those 6 core PII's All I can say is WOOOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
heyy everyone im back now too, and last time i tried unlocking the 550 it didint work but i wasent sure it its cuz i left the voltage alone maybe i have to up it a bit to unlock it to 4 cores and if so how much should i turn it up to ?

and also since im here should i buy windows 7 home premium ? Some one who used it can help me out cuz im thinking about it but i mean i can live with windows xp but the windows 7 looks really nice and i used it before and i like it but its 200 bucks

Not sure if it is still available but there was a 90 day free trial version of the enterprise edition ( LINKIE ) -- After 90 days it will shut down the PC every hour but if you just want to test it for awhile to decide whether to buy it or not it should give you a good way to do that.

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
well i did have it before when the beta was out and i liked it but i mean did anyone have any issues with it cuz im leaning towards buying it. i also like linux but thats hard to work on and u gotta get familiar with all the stuff about it

I was using my local ISP "One Source" and now I have the new Fios pakage @ 35/35 so it is about 10 times faster than before.

chrhadden_94

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2009

i have the same set up as you{except i have a 5850 vga}.i could only unlock 1 extra core though.my cpu also shows up as a Phenom II X4 B50.same mobo ram and all.what psu did you use?not that i think it matters its just kinda funny that you basicly picked the same parts as me )

chrhadden_94

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2009

yeah that helps lol.i got a corsair h50 cpu cooler and mine never passes over 45c.

woody_76

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010
same here dude, i bought an phenom X2 550 BE, did one tweak in motherboard bois an now its running as a fully stable X4 B50. i hav gigabyte MA770T-UD3 board, 4 gig corsair xms3 DDR3 ram, an XFX\ATI HD 5770 1 gig graphics card, A 1 terrabyte Samsung HD103sj sata3 drive an 550 watt psu, oh an i run win 7 ult edtion, everything seems to be fine as of up to now, i do agree that a better cooler than stock is required but yeh, so i quess moral is, if u hav a phenom X2 an the board to do it, why not give them 2 extra cores sum life lol, oh and also my windows experience has jumped up by nearly 1 full point to 7,4 from 6,5 as a dual, it has to be worth it ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS