Phenom II X2 555 Vs. Pentium G6950: New Budget Dual-Core Titans

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jortony

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2009
What about unlocking the other 2 cores for the Callisto? If we are looking at over clocking, why not check out the true capability.

G

To Kreelor.. I think you misunderstood Zil's point. I doubt he is saying all phenoms perform the same. I think he means you'll get more consistency from AMD OC's than intel. I think he means that AMD's OC to relatively the same point for the same model while intel models seem to have much more variation in the highs and lows of OC'ing. At least the many benchmarks from diff sources I read seem to point to that. I see way more variation in speeds of intel chips than I do with AMD chips...

G

I bought a Phenomii X2 555 BE, with an MSI MB and unlocked 2 extra cores and OC it to 3.95 MHZ for an $89 processor

G

Sooooo.....

Your review CPU was faulty then died and you went ahead and published this article?

Seriously?

Anyway I am not intel fan, but this seems like a cheap way to promote AMD for the less aware readers. Any electronic piece of equipment can die and that can't be taken into consideration when writing a review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS