phenom II x4 to fx 8320

MarsCristian

Reputable
Oct 12, 2015
Hello recenlty i buy a gtx 950 and i have an phenom II x4 at 3.1 GHz ( very little bottleneck ) , and friend of mine can give me a msi 990 mother so i was wondering if the upgrade is worthy i cant really afford an i5 its pretty expensive here , so for now i cant .

I also hace an hyper 212+ so is room for overclock , not wirh my current mobo ( asrock n68-vs3 ucc ) i can get it stable at 3.5 with 1.45vcore but the pc actually runs worst GPU usage vos tp 0 randomly when gaming

Solution
If you have a Phenom II X4 @ 3.1 GHz, you will see a small gain in performance over the FX-8320. Maybe not enough to make it worth the purchase of a new CPU. For example... The 3.2 GHz Phenom II x4 955 is only one tier below the FX-8320 here in Tom's gaming CPU hierarchy charts: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,3106-5.html
And they recommend at least a 3 tier jump to make the move worthwhile. But of course, you can OC the FX-8320 to increase the performance gap between the already-OC'ed Phenom II X4 you have now and the FX-8320. That will help make a difference. Adding to that, is the fact that the 8 core CPU will be better in modern games that can make use of more than 4 cores. So yes, it would be...

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
If you have a Phenom II X4 @ 3.1 GHz, you will see a small gain in performance over the FX-8320. Maybe not enough to make it worth the purchase of a new CPU. For example... The 3.2 GHz Phenom II x4 955 is only one tier below the FX-8320 here in Tom's gaming CPU hierarchy charts: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,3106-5.html
And they recommend at least a 3 tier jump to make the move worthwhile. But of course, you can OC the FX-8320 to increase the performance gap between the already-OC'ed Phenom II X4 you have now and the FX-8320. That will help make a difference. Adding to that, is the fact that the 8 core CPU will be better in modern games that can make use of more than 4 cores. So yes, it would be worthwhile investment if the cost is acceptable to you.

Solution