Phenom IIx6 1090T priced jumped to $275!!!

ahthurungnone

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
How can AMD raise pricing on the 1090T with the introduction of Intel's i7-2600K which is around $300 and twice as fast??? What the hell is AMD thinking?

Twice as fast?

Bull. The 2600k is an excellent processor, but it is not anywhere close to twice as fast as a 1090T.

jj463rd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008

They are a business as such trying to maximize profits with sales.Every business does that.
If they price too high and no one buys then they will have to lower their price to increase sales to maximize overall profits.
Clearly when Sandy Bridge comes out the AMD CPU's will be greatly lowered in price during the next couple of months.
Probably not at first though.Give it a couple of months.Who knows maybe by the time Bulldozer comes out the 1090T might be a sub $100 CPU to phase them out (even at a loss too).I saw the AM2+ Phenom II x4 940 BE being phased out under $100.I jumped on getting one as an upgrade CPU.

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished

I agree with the law of demand and supply but there are always exceptions.

this is funny. Maybe to get rid of the cheaper Amd cpus or the old I5 stock since Sandy bridge are going to replace it. Cut of the Amd sales a bit let them buy I5 cpus instead for a while that sort of thing. That's just a thought.

Then I love to see what's Amd going to do about the 6950 and 6870 thing. The retailers aswell. Who's going to buy a 6970 than buying a 6950 for 100usd less

Probably nothing. They would probably get strong resistance from card makers (asus, ect) and people just like they did in the unlocking of cpu cores.

Yes, AMD did try to block the unlocking of locked cores but they gave in when people and motherboard companies fought back.

Prime example -> http://www.tomshardware.com/news/gigabyte-motherboard-amd-phenom-cpu,8015.html