Photo editing software comparable to old Adobe Photodeluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcarol

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
Hello,
Is there any photo editing software comparable to the old Adobe PhotoDeluxe. I have tried Gimp, Picasso and paid for other versions of Adobe. None are as user friendly and have the editing tools that PhotoDeluxe had.

visibleink

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012

It was SIMPLE, FAST and easy. Photoshop makes me crazy it's so complicated. I wish ADOBE would re-issue it and make it compatible with a Mac! Before I had a Mac I used Photodeluxe constantly....other Adobe products and the above mentioned don't compare. I continue to be lost without it .

Reactions: immacon
If you want to play around a bit, you may be able to use something like virtual box and install an older operating system within its own VM. Then you can still use all your old software.

I know they used to have lots of different auto editors and other easy to use software, but lots of it seems to be Windows only.

What about the included iPhoto? does it not do most of this stuff?

londo mollari

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014

londo mollari

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
I have used APD ( Adobe PhotoDeluxe) for nearly 15 years. My latest version V4 , I bought from Ebay for $15 on a disk. I use it dayly in a WIN7 lappy. all you have to do is install the program like any other software on a disk. Then RIGHT click the icon on the desktop. Select Compatibility Mode. Find the choice where it asks you if the program ran in an earlier version of windows. Select XP SP3. It will then ask you to try the program. You may get Security Warning pop ups...just tell those pop ups YES!!! Then there will
be a dialog box asking you if that fixed the problem...tell it YES...and you are good to go. Incidently, I did the same trick on a WIN8 lappy that I had for a weekend, before returning the lappy to Best Buy. I hate win8 with a passion...the charm bar interferes with making graphics on the exterme right side of the work area. ALSO: the APD disk will come with a CODE. Felt marker that code on the DISK and be aware that when entering that code during the install process DO NOT use the CAPS LOCK key to make CAPS...you MUST use the SHIFT key. Feel free to ask me anything about APD. I consider my self to an expert on it.

londo mollari

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
I have used APD ( Adobe PhotoDeluxe) for nearly 15 years. My latest version V4 , I bought from Ebay for $15 on a disk. I use it dayly in a WIN7 lappy. all you have to do is install the program like any other software on a disk. Then RIGHT click the icon on the desktop. Select Compatibility Mode. Find the choice where it asks you if the program ran in an earlier version of windows. Select XP SP3. It will then ask you to try the program. You may get Security Warning pop ups...just tell those pop ups YES!!! Then there will
be a dialog box asking you if that fixed the problem...tell it YES...and you are good to go. Incidently, I did the same trick on a WIN8 lappy that I had for a weekend, before returning the lappy to Best Buy. I hate win8 with a passion...the charm bar interferes with making graphics on the exterme right side of the work area. ALSO: the APD disk will come with a CODE. Felt marker that code on the DISK and be aware that when entering that code during the install process DO NOT use the CAPS LOCK key to make CAPS...you MUST use the SHIFT key. Feel free to ask me anything about APD. I consider my self to an expert on it.

Donna Lussier

Reputable
Apr 19, 2014
I've been using Photo Deluxe also since 2001, it came bundled on a disk with a Jam Cam and other stuff when I bought my very first computer (from an infomercial) The computer was crap but Photo Deluxe is great. It's been working fine, til I had some other problem and the tech guy who fixed the problem changed the settings and now it doesn't recognize the software. I agree, it's so user friendly, I was able to teach myself to do the stuff I need to do plus there are a ton of functions that I've never tried. I really miss it. I wonder if I bought the disk on eBay or where ever, if it would load. I've tried other photo software and it's confusing for an old dog like me.

Kymeta

Reputable
Jun 1, 2014
Londo - I bought the the Adobe Photodeluxe 4. I went by your instructions and my computer will still not accept it. Any other suggestions?
Any body any suggestions?
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.