Question Photo, Microsoft Store & Remote Desktop

Sep 16, 2022
Hello everyone,
I have the following problem:
I have been installing Window 10 for a few years now, on Lenovo V320 laptop. For a few days I have no longer been able to launch the Photos, Remote Desktop and Microsoft Store program from the start menu.
The version is:
Windows 10 Pro
21H2

For remote desktop I use the mstsc command (and so it works), but I no longer have the icon to be able to run it.

For Photos I have the icon but it does not load the program (same for Microsoft Store)

I reinstalled with Keep files and personal apps with the result that after 1 hour and on reboot the following message appeared: Is not possible to install Windows 10 ... FIRST_BOOT .... BEGIN_FIRST_BOOT

Photos, Remote Desktop and Microsoft still don't work

Also after re-installing I lost 60 Gigabytes (about 25% of the total space). (maybe due to the restore point created before installation? (I can't find any saved restore points))

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Also after re-installing I lost 60 Gigabytes (about 25% of the total space). (maybe due to the restore point created before installation? (I can't find any saved restore points))
search for "Disk cleanup" and run the application
select C drive
click "Clean up system files" at bottom of the next page
if it offers, choose old windows installs and Windows update clean up, it might show the missing space

Is not possible to install Windows 10 ... FIRST_BOOT .... BEGIN_FIRST_BOOT
try the suggested fixes here?
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-failure/21d72fbf-864a-44ab-88df-485d49b3cdcb

Another thought is do a clean install. That will get past that error. Just copy anything off C drive you want to save.
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

boot from installer

follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

Sep 16, 2022
search for "Disk cleanup" and run the application
select C drive
click "Clean up system files" at bottom of the next page
if it offers, choose old windows installs and Windows update clean up, it might show the missing space
I tried but unfotunally nothing has changed