Photos App says remote call procedure failed

Shrish2

Reputable
Oct 26, 2015
Hello tom'sHardware Community
The Microsoft Photos app doesn't let me open any picture :/ It says the remote call procedure failed. I tried using powershell to uninstall the app but it won't let me :( I can't seem to update the app either. Could anyone please help?

Shrish2

Reputable
Oct 26, 2015
Hi viveknayyar007
Thanks for replying but I tried all of them already. Including the powershell command. I couldn't uninstall photos. Any other suggestions?

Hello again Shrish2

If it is just the photos that you want to be visible, Changing to a Different Default App such as Windows Image Viewer would solve the purpose.

However, if you want to have Photos app precisely, the easiest and most straightforward solution would be to Restore Windows 10 to an Earlier Restore Point, i.e. the time when the Photos app worked fine.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!! :)

Shrish2

Reputable
Oct 26, 2015
Hello viveknayyar007
I tried the powershell code another time and this time, the home button and cortana stopped working. I've put the sfc code in cmd now. I don't know if it'll work :( any ideas?

Hello again Shrish2

The SFC /SCANNOW command detects issues with the Windows system files and fixes them. If the problem is related to those files, the command may help you resolve the issue.

Cheers!! :)

Shrish2

Reputable
Oct 26, 2015

Hi viveknayyar07

I did try that but it didn't seem to work, so i resetted the pc and now it's working. Thanks!