Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
reminds me of a joke:

Question:
Do you know how moth balls smell??

Answer:
Yes, they smell awful.

Joke:
Really, and how do you get their little legs apart?

E7130

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
[citation][nom]soo-nah-mee[/nom]Snowman FAIL! Everbody knows snowmen have THREE sections, not two. Careless scientists.[/citation]

Hehe, that's what I was thinking. However, just like people snowmen can come in all sizes.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Not true![/citation]
That one has 3 sections, just like us head, torso and the legs section, the micro snowman just has 2 he has no legs :/

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]xaira[/nom]I guess building nanobots to seek destroy cancer cells in the bloodstream can wait, we gotta build a snowman!!![/citation]
Like all of us, even researchers working for the greater good need a break once in a while. Why not mix in a little fun with your work... nano style!

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]xaira[/nom]I guess building nanobots to seek destroy cancer cells in the bloodstream can wait, we gotta build a snowman!!![/citation]

Next year: Frosty the cancer-hunting nanobot...

Cue the music:

Frosty the nanobot was a cancer eating fiend,
With a biomolecular pipe and a ion deposited platinum nose
And two eyes made by depletion via ion beam.
Frosty the nanobot is a fairy tale, they say,
He was made of tin but the children who are
Thin, know he saved a life by destroying cancer cells.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Renegade_Warrior[/nom]Those guy have too much time on their hands! - Too Much Time on My Hands by Styx (on You Tube)[/citation]
I think Renegade is actually Tommy Shaw trying to sell greatest hits albums by posting in forums found by googling styx lyrics! :D

Swivelguy

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2009
So the snowman's height is like 30 um. That's really actually not all that small. I suspect there are no fewer than 100 research groups in the world that could make a smaller one in under a week if they wanted to.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
[citation][nom]wyomingKnott[/nom]Umm, if made out of two tin beads, it's not a snowman. It's a tinman.[/citation]
Exactly what I was thinking too. Doesn't a SNOW man need to be made out of... snow?

Cool either way.

Boxa786

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
[citation][nom]snurp85[/nom]Its amazing what scientists can accomplish when they dont feel like doing work.[/citation]

LOL, so true

Status
Not open for further replies.