WC Aftermath

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
hey everyone ive got a new computer that i just built that has a gtx 260 9for primary card) and i have a 8800 that i would like to use for just running for physx. How do i set up the 8800 to just run physx

Physically install both video cards, then re-install the latest nVidia Forceware drivers. Then you'll need to go into the nVidia Control Panel and actually activate "PhysX" in the drivers.

If you ever install an ATI video card, you'll need to make sure you turn off PhysX first. ;)

You would likely want to turn off physX on your primary card and turn it on for the dedicated physX card. That way your primary rendering card is not slowed down by running physX work which will result in higher FPS.

LAITHKHRESHEH

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2010
I only have HD 4670 , is that mean i have to turn off the PhysX because ATI doesn't support it or even don't install it ????

And what's the advantage of the PhysX feature ?

vvhocare5

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
Didnt I read that NVidia disables Physx if it detects an ATI card in the system? This was added in a recent driver release.

I dont run Physx so I am asking....

there is work around to by pass the detection. but last time i heard it only works to system with win 7 OS. btw i'm not sure if you have to apply the patch each time you update your nvidia's driver since i myself never have such a setup