Question Pi 4 ,Using One HDMI port for video and One for audio possible ?

Led zeppelin blues

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2015
Hi ,
I connect my Pi 4 with twister OS to a projector and i also have a surround soundbar system but sadly HDMI Arc does not work on my projector and i have to use bluetooth

Is there a way to use one Micro HDMI port of the Pi for video and the other for audio and if so possible with good quality

If not then what are the other options i have ,a HDMI splitter perhaps but i lack knowledge on them and the last option im stuck with is using the aux 3.5mm port on the Raspberry Pi 4 but i heard using a USB sound card is better than using the 3.5mm port on the Pi

Looking forward to any and all comments please
Very eager to complete my setup
Thanks

kanewolf

Titan
Hi ,
I connect my Pi 4 with twister OS to a projector and i also have a surround soundbar system but sadly HDMI Arc does not work on my projector and i have to use bluetooth

Is there a way to use one Micro HDMI port of the Pi for video and the other for audio and if so possible with good quality

If not then what are the other options i have ,a HDMI splitter perhaps but i lack knowledge on them and the last option im stuck with is using the aux 3.5mm port on the Raspberry Pi 4 but i heard using a USB sound card is better than using the 3.5mm port on the Pi

Thanks
What are the audio inputs on the device you are trying to connect to?

zachybest

Reputable
Jan 27, 2018
Hi ,

Thanks

Solved?

Led zeppelin blues

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2015
Kind of ,i just realized i had to enable HDMI ARC on my projector and use slot 1 ..yeah dumb me haha

So to sum it all up , connected the HDMI coming out of raspberry pi to my projector 2nd HDMI slot and used the 1st HDMI slot on my projector to connect my sound system via HDMI ARC and enabled HDMI passthrough on the projector which in turn causes -

RPI to send sound to projector - projector passes through the sound to soundbar thus viola HDMI ARC works

Twister OS has built in Kodi app which also has the option of passthrough and audio channel upscaling so the soundbar system can decode Dolby on its own

Which im not sure how well that works but sound so far is pretty good for watching movies with kodi and other stuff with twister OS

I believe the same would apply if using any modern smart TV instead of projector