Question Pic Viewing problem Explorer

michman

Commendable
Jan 15, 2019
Recently Explorer quit showing previews of my photos. All I see now if an icon of the photo program I use to edit my photos. I checked the folder settings and the "always show icons, never thumbnails" is unchecked. Strange thing is It doesn't happen to all my photos just a few. I baffled and a bit P.O'd Any one with any suggestions?

Please list the file extensions of the photo's that do and do not show in explorer.

Also, R-click on Start, select Run, type sysdm.cpl and hit enter, in the window that comes up select the Advanced tab and then the Settings button in the performance section, in the Visual Effects tab in the window that opens up select Let Windows choose... and it should select all but two items.

Be careful in the system properties control panel. Don't make any other changes unless you know what you are doing.

Last edited:

michman

Commendable
Jan 15, 2019
Thanks I did what you suggested and it worked for some pics but not others. The ones it didn't work on were DL from my Canon camera. They include RAW files and JPG. I can get them to appear if I open them in a photo editing program and resave but that is time consuming.