Pictured: The 8-inch Galaxy Note Bound for MWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
This should not have the Note branding. 8 inches really is to big for a phone. Why isn't this under the Tab branding?

This is what it should be:

Galaxy S: premium phone up to 5 inches
Galaxy Note: premium phone up to 6ish inches
Galaxy Tab: premium tablet 7+ inches

stevo777

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
Just as a follow up, I took out the measuring tape and found out an 8" 'Fablet' would be about the size of a DVD case. You could fool any facial recognition cameras when you would "talk" through it by just turning your head in the opposite direction. /sarcasm

sun-devil99

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
[citation][nom]kitsunestarwind[/nom]Is it just me or is Toms got more articles on Mobile phones then computers these days[/citation]
Mobile phones are computers (they have an OS, Processor, Memory (ROM/RAM), that just happen to fit in your pocket. Nonetheless, people are moving away from the traditional 'computer' to phones, tablets or phablets.

Sorren999

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
The Galaxy Note branding has already been used for a 10.1 inch tablet, so I don't really think they intend for this one to be used as a phone just a smaller version of something that already exists.

This is not intended to be used as a phone. That's why it is called a NOTE, it's ideal for work while on the road. Of course, the GSM bands are there to ensure connectivity, and in case one wants to leave their phone at home, they can make phone calls using this and a BT headset.

sicmofo

Honorable
Mar 15, 2012
@stevo777

It's a slightly smaller note 10.1 with 3g capabilities. What's so hard to comprehend?
I wouldnt mind getting a smaller tablet which supported the S-pen and supported 3g networks.

samwelaye

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
if samsung can get it in at 350 or under, itll be good. Otherwise, itll be too close to the ipad mini or too close to the nexus 4. If it comes in at 299 without cellular i'd definitely buy, i like the size

stevo777

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
[citation][nom]sicmofo[/nom]@stevo777It's a slightly smaller note 10.1 with 3g capabilities. What's so hard to comprehend?I wouldnt mind getting a smaller tablet which supported the S-pen and supported 3g networks.[/citation]
Nothing difficult to comprehend. The story was calling it a "phablet", when it is a tablet. The pic has a phone appearance too, which is probably nonsense. Jeez.

Status
Not open for further replies.