Pata

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2001
Someone here was talking about a Celeron 1Gg. How can I tell exatley what I have in my computer? It can't be a Celeron, can it?

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
their aren't any 1 gig celerons
just go into controll panel and click on system

if you want a beeter run down of what you have then go to cnet and get sisoft sandars

G

if you have a 1GHz chances are it is either an athlon or a PIII. if you don't know i'm betting a PIII most people only buy amd if they know what they are doing.

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Whaddya mean???? I've got a 1 gig Celeron!

No, really! It's a Celeron II 566 that runs all the way up to a gig. It's the fastest SETI machine I've got and it beats up my poor old T-bird 850 in SETI times.

I've got it in an Asus CUBX motherboard with a good size HSF and have to up the voltage to 1.85 to get it up to 1020 MHz. on a 120 MHz. front side bus. It runs about 38 degrees.

I've tried this with a couple of other Celerons, but can't get much over 900 with them. This one is a special chip!

Scout

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
What does it say on the first screen (after video card registration screen) when your system boots up? It should tell you there, as far as the speed you are running at goes. It wouldn't tell you if that's an OC'ed speed though.

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Actually only idiots and geniuses buy the PIII, everyone elso buys the AMD. You see, idiots buy the PIII for the name, and geniuses for the stability. Everyone else lets their wallet do their thinking.

Suicide is painless...........

G

or they buy a PIII because they already have a BX board...

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hey Crash, my Athlon is stronger in raw power, but it is also "buggier" than my Intel rigs. Mabe it's that lousy Via chipset, but still, it irritates me I can't have the speed without the hassels.

Scout

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Hey, a year ago I was telling people they were stupid to spend the extra money on the PIII, then I got tired of my own systems quirks and built one!

Suicide is painless...........