[SOLVED] Ping drops for a short second

Jan 29, 2019
So this issue is making me mad and i want to fix it. Everytime i play videogames because of large ping drops for a second, then logs me back on. I usually get around 10 - 20 ms. I did a test ping test to check it out. And usually got the same good ms. But after a little, i got a 2000ms and then normal again. Sometimes it just timed out. Im using wifi because my router isnt near my room. So please, if you know a solution, then tell me. Ive done the basics such as changing dns, restarting router etc. But nothing worked.

Solution
Are any other wireless devices experiencing the same problem?

Immediate things to try:

1) Try re-orienting wireless router's antennas (if any).

2) Move the wireless router up higher or otherwise relocate - even if only a couple of feet or so.

3) What wireless adapter are you using on your computer? Likewise move its' antenna if any or add extension cables. If a USB wireless adapter you can use a USB extension cable to raise the USB wireless network adapter up and about. That may help.

4) Experiment with the frequency and channels available via the router and wireless adapter. Especially if you are in a wifi congested area.

Ralston18

Titan
Are any other wireless devices experiencing the same problem?

Immediate things to try:

1) Try re-orienting wireless router's antennas (if any).

2) Move the wireless router up higher or otherwise relocate - even if only a couple of feet or so.

3) What wireless adapter are you using on your computer? Likewise move its' antenna if any or add extension cables. If a USB wireless adapter you can use a USB extension cable to raise the USB wireless network adapter up and about. That may help.

4) Experiment with the frequency and channels available via the router and wireless adapter. Especially if you are in a wifi congested area.

Solution

Latest posts